Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Dungeon concepts

  1. #1

    Dungeon concepts

    I got some new ones for you guys to bash

    Hex Ball:

    Similar to the void raid boss life totals in this dungeon or game mode do not impact the game. Instead for each instance of damage you gain 1 point. The end is a predetermined point total or it could be a predetermined turn #.

    Either one of these point total reached or turn reached would have different strategies that would go into deck building.

    A variant would be the ability to choose a team to have in play at the start of the game which could be maxed out at # of creatures as well as total cost of creatures.

    Are you an offensive player or will you have a strangling defense?

    Variant Questions:

    Life gain would give your opponent -1 point? (Would work well in predetermined end turn, but work poorly possibly if there were predetermined point total wins)

    Restart the second half of the match with your team out again with the possibility to sub?

    Fan effects? Similar to the arena, pleasing the fans could lead to boosts for your team. Home court advantage? (If this were implemented as a dungeon and you had to work your way through a “playoff” to win the dungeon this could lead to interesting home court advantages for the AI to increase the difficulty) Arenas having board constant effects… Swamp arena which gives all creatures -1/-1 or Mana sink arena that increases the cost of all spells (or maybe just actions) by 1.

    Other ideas?

    Achievements:

    Buzzer Beater: Finish a match by beating the opponent by 1 point

    Finish a match without giving up any points to your opponent

    Finish a match with your opponent having a negative score

  2. #2
    Math Camp:

    The generic mechanic behind this dungeon is that for creatures or constants players may pay the inverse cost of a card on a 1 to 7 scale and 7 to 1 scale to spike any opponents card into the graveyard ( i.e. to spike a 1 cost creature off the board you would need to pay 7, and for a 7 cost (and above) creature you would pay 1 resource to spike it) which would be managed by adding permanent effects on all card played throughout the dungeon. The counter to this is that the opposing player may pay X+1 to block this effect where X is equal to what the player paid initially to spike the card.

    This adds interesting deck decisions about low cost versus high cost.

    This will be a VERY meta dungeon, and honestly it might not be that fun to play. It would be thoughtful and hard and you will kick yourself many times. It might fit best as one of the dungeons with very few or one fight as you would likely wear out on the concept very quickly.

    A variant could be that you start with 4 random creatures from you deck in play. Do you build a deck with a large # of high cost creatures and then focus on building resources solely to defend spikes of those creatures or do you build a low cost creature decks that cannot be spiked easily or efficiently but allow you more leeway to play other cards/spells on your turn. I think this mechanic would really put this over the top in terms of strategy, variety of game play each time you play the dungeon, and it would get over some of the intial blockade where you or your opponent are preventing each other from interacting do to spike spike spike spike spike spike… Etc

    Thoughts on how to change this so it is more fun or ways to make the original concept more fun by a variant?
    Last edited by dogmod; 06-05-2013 at 02:53 PM.

  3. #3
    Card Concept:

    Dwarven Roulette:
    1 red threshold
    Cost 2

    When played the card has an 80 % chance to deal 1 damage to the player that played the card and a 20% chance to deal 10 damage to the opposing player. The opposing player may choose to discard 2 cards prior to resolution of damage (wording could be better but basically before you know who is going to be damaged) to counter this spell.

    Alternately it could be choose to discard 2 cards to ensure that the spell resolves as 1 damage to the opponent.
    Last edited by dogmod; 06-05-2013 at 03:15 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmod View Post
    Card Concept:

    Dwarven Roulette:
    1 red threshold
    Cost 2

    When played the card has an 80 % chance to deal 1 damage to the player that played the card and a 20% chance to deal 10 damage to the opposing player. The opposing player may choose to discard 2 cards prior to resolution of damage (wording could be better but basically before you know who is going to be damaged) to counter this spell.

    Alternately it could be choose to discard 2 cards to ensure that the spell resolves as 1 damage to the opponent.
    Equipment: Rare: Make the cost to block this action 3 cards
    Legendary: Switch the probabilities

  5. #5
    Dungeon Mechanic:

    So not really sure on the overall theme of the dungeon but a interesting mechanic that would be really fun in a dungeon would be if they did some fun stuff with the draw phase. So instead of the normal "draw a card" you switch it up and you draw three cards and you must choose which one to go into your hand, one to go into the graveyard, and one to be shuffled back into the deck. In a certain sense this is kind of "cheating" but if your opponent is doing it as well or if your opponent is a super bad ass decked AI then its not really cheating and it would be a super fun mechanic to switch up the way we normally draw cards for a single dungeon.

    It also adds some interesting card interactions with things like Omen of Oblivion or Booby Trap. By cycling through the deck much faster you will run into these cards much faster and force interesting decisions... "Do I take the hit now? But that means I have to discard one of these 2 cards I really like? That also means I might run into it at a later point?"

    It would speed up games as you would be able to choose the most efficient option but if you are playing a strong AI or they have the same option then it is a level playing field.

    I think it would be fun. Any ideas on the dungeon concept that would surround it?

    Anyone else got any sweet ideas for cards or dungeons or mechanics or world peace?

  6. #6
    Dungeon Name: Altar of the Fallen

    Game mechanic:

    Another wacky dungeon that plays with card mechanics.

    General Concept:
    Allow creatures to be played as quick actions that either do "Deal damage to target creature or champion equal to this creatures ATK" or "Gain life equal to this creatures DEF and trigger this creatures text if applicable" And void the creature after being played in this manner and it is unavailable to you for the rest of the dungeon.

    The idea is a play off of the WoW TCG mechanism of being able to play any card as a resource. Now any creature can become a quick action with the trade off of the card get pet into your graveyard and you may lose board presence and card advantage in the long run. Perverting an essential game mechanic for one dungeon or instance to keep the game interesting .

    The general outline of the dungeon could be an evil Vennen temple that you are tasked to take down. Ardent taking it down is obvious, but the necrotic want to take it down because the creatures sacrificed at the temple cannot be used to be turned into more necrotic forces, so obvs necrotic don't like this.(or something else)

    This could lead to interesting faction/role play decisions where if you "sacrifice" a creature in this manner than it could be against your characters principles etc. And perhaps a diverging mechanic could be that each creature sacrificed in this way "powers up" the final boss, or perhaps sacrifcing one way boosts the boss and sacrificing the other way debuffs the boss? Adding further cost/benefit analysis to the decision to use your creatures in this manner. And as we all know there can be a cost/benefit to reducing your deck size below 60 as you proceed through the dungeon, so maybe you sacrifice some of your weaker creatures so that you have your sweet combos more available at the end, but perhaps this leaves you with a pretty out of wack resource to spell ratio?

    Achievements:
    Finish the dungeon without sacrificing a single creature
    Finish the dungeon without playing a single creature to the board
    Finish the dungeon with 45 cards or less (depending on length of dungeon obviously this could change)
    Finish the dungeon only sacrificing creatures for ATK
    Finish the dungeon only sacrificing creatures for DEF


    I really like this one, I think it could make for some really fun playthroughs and interesting deckbuilding
    Last edited by dogmod; 06-05-2013 at 06:04 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmod View Post
    Dungeon Name: Altar of the Fallen

    Game mechanic:

    Another wacky dungeon that plays with card mechanics.

    General Concept:
    Allow creatures to be played as quick actions that either do "Deal damage to target creature or champion equal to this creatures ATK" or "Gain life equal to this creatures DEF and trigger this creatures text if applicable" And void the creature after being played in this manner and it is unavailable to you for the rest of the dungeon.

    The idea is a play off of the WoW TCG mechanism of being able to play any card as a resource. Now any creature can become a quick action with the trade off of the card get pet into your graveyard and you may lose board presence and card advantage in the long run. Perverting an essential game mechanic for one dungeon or instance to keep the game interesting .

    The general outline of the dungeon could be an evil Vennen temple that you are tasked to take down. Ardent taking it down is obvious, but the necrotic want to take it down because the creatures sacrificed at the temple cannot be used to be turned into more necrotic forces, so obvs necrotic don't like this.(or something else)

    This could lead to interesting faction/role play decisions where if you "sacrifice" a creature in this manner than it could be against your characters principles etc. And perhaps a diverging mechanic could be that each creature sacrificed in this way "powers up" the final boss, or perhaps sacrifcing one way boosts the boss and sacrificing the other way debuffs the boss? Adding further cost/benefit analysis to the decision to use your creatures in this manner. And as we all know there can be a cost/benefit to reducing your deck size below 60 as you proceed through the dungeon, so maybe you sacrifice some of your weaker creatures so that you have your sweet combos more available at the end, but perhaps this leaves you with a pretty out of wack resource to spell ratio?

    Achievements:
    Finish the dungeon without sacrificing a single creature
    Finish the dungeon without playing a single creature to the board
    Finish the dungeon with 45 cards or less (depending on length of dungeon obviously this could change)
    Finish the dungeon only sacrificing creatures for ATK
    Finish the dungeon only sacrificing creatures for DEF


    I really like this one, I think it could make for some really fun playthroughs and interesting deckbuilding
    I thought this would be a difficult mechanic to program potentially then I had a breakthrough that also could lead to a legendary card drop from the dungeon:

    Card: Altar of the Fallen
    Constant
    Starts in play for each encounter of Dungeon Altar of the Fallen and has Indestructible or something

    0: Void target troop in your hand and deal damage to target troop or player equal to troops ATK. Voided card is unavailable throughout the rest of the dungeon.
    0: Void target troop in your hand and gain health equal to target troops DEF. If playing the troop would trigger an ability do so. Voided card is unavailable throughout the rest of the dungeon.


    The card cold drop from the raid boss or dungeon boss and could have a casting cost of 2 and a ability cost of 1 or 2 for each ability... Could be pretty neat . And if you really love the mechanic of this dungeon you can try and bring it with you to other dungeons, wild west or keep defense.

  8. #8
    I had an idea for a sports dungeon.

    Its more like there is a ball that starts in the middle of the board
    Then when you attack with a troop and are unblocked, that troop grabs the ball.

    Then that troop can attack again and if unblocked has a 50% chance to score a goal. The opponents troops could have 75% chance because they are professional players.

    If a troop with the ball is blocked, if he is destroyed by opponents troop then that troop gets the ball. A blocked troop cannot try to score a goal, unless it has crush and also destroyed the opponents troop. If both troops die in combat, then the ball is reset.

    If a score is made, ball is reset. If a score is failed, ball is given to random opponent troop.

    First to 3 points win, and if you do not attack with a creature who has the ball you get a FOUL!!! and either random opponent troop gets ball, or ball is reset to middle again.


    :O
    Last edited by TheWrathofShane; 06-05-2013 at 09:11 PM.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWrathofShane View Post
    I had an idea for a sports dungeon.

    Its more like there is a ball that starts in the middle of the board
    Then when you attack with a troop and are unblocked, that troop grabs the ball.

    Then that troop can attack again and if unblocked has a 50% chance to score a goal. The opponents troops could have 75% chance because they are professional players.

    First to 3 points win, and if you do not attack with a creature who has the ball you get a FOUL!!! and either random opponent troop gets ball, or ball is reset to middle again.


    :O
    That sounds pretty sweet... and you could have players that are able to tap and tap an opposing player so as to free up your player to score etc... interesting

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmod View Post
    That sounds pretty sweet... and you could have players that are able to tap and tap an opposing player so as to free up your player to score etc... interesting
    Thanks, edited a bit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •