Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Remove Basic Lands completely and change Resource into what Hearthstone has?

Banned

Remove Basic Lands completely and change Resource into what Hearthstone has?

I don't see why not. Really, who draw a land and think to themselves that they will never play it? Everyone wants 1 resource a turn and there's no more chance involved. It's also fair in the sense that both players get exactly what they need. Could even let you choose whatever color resource you want each turn if you're into that. Hex will also be more fast pace, spectating a game wont end up being a chore, and will further Hex in eSport domination. I think the simplicity of how Resource is handled in Hearthstone compared to Hex will be a make-it-or-break-it for most players. It's a win-win situation this way.

It's also worth noting that at the end of the day, people are going to find something to complain over. You can't really please everyone. That's why having it similar to how Hearthstone does it will make people have one less thing to complain about. Unless people like chances/unfair games, then they could either try buying a ton of boosters as a hobby.
    Last edited by Yasi; 06-05-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yasi View Post
    I don't see why not. Really, who draw a land and think to themselves that they will never play it? Everyone wants 1 resource a turn and there's no more chance involved. It's also fair in the sense that both players get exactly what they need. Could even let you choose whatever color resource you want each turn if you're into that. Hex will also be more fast pace, spectating a game wont end up being a chore, and will further Hex in eSport domination. I think the simplicity of how Resource is handled in Hearthstone compared to Hex will be a make-it-or-break-it for most players. It's a win-win situation this way.

I actually think that you should get one resource a turn but also have the chance to play souped up resources that can do cool things because who doesnt want to play their sick 12cost creature on turn 7

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Talreth View Post
    I actually think that you should get one resource a turn but also have the chance to play souped up resources that can do cool things because who doesnt want to play their sick 12cost creature on turn 7
    I think Cryptozoic call those "Constants" except it's not a resource and it cost resources.

I think Cryptozoic call those "Constants" except it's not a resource and it cost resources.
    Nah it shouldn't cost resources but you can only play one a turn. But it does something like Tap: There is no threshold requirement on the next card. Because all people really want to do is play their cards and threshold inhibits that.

Banned
    Nah it shouldn't cost resources but you can only play one a turn. But it does something like Tap: There is no threshold requirement on the next card. Because all people really want to do is play their cards and threshold inhibits that.
    That is a really cool idea. If we change that card into an artifact, perhaps the Inspiration Engine card will be less shitty because it allows you the offchance of playing another artifact pseudo-resource.

That is a really cool idea. If we change that card into an artifact, perhaps the Inspiration Engine card will be less shitty because it allows you the offchance of playing another artifact pseudo-resource.
    I agree, because as it is, the lore behind the inspiration engine bugs me. Like who keeps having all these shitty ideas it comes up with?

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    I refuse to read any more of your forum posts until you change your font. Hurts my eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by DjiN View Post
    I refuse to read any more of your forum posts until you change your font. Hurts my eyes...
    Wouldn't they be hurt by just looking at it even if you didn't read it

Hero of Adamanth
    meh i like the resource style like mtg has
    Grand King + Collectors Tier + King x2! I must be crazy

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Wouldn't they be hurt by just looking at it even if you didn't read it
    Yes, but reading them is so much worse.