Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want a grand King, willing to pay premium...

Infernal Professor

Want a grand King, willing to pay premium...

I think now that its clear the game will be reasonably successful, the "value" of grand king has gone up significantly.

I don't even know if its possible to transfer ownership of a kickstarter buy in, but if crypto or anyone else were willing to sell me a Grand King, I would be willing to pay $750 for it.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    I'd be more concerned with the legalities of that :/

Just me saying this here, but based on the anti-exploit stance etc... this might be fairly frowned upon.

That being said, I'm sure there are tons of profiteers who are only looking to make a buck that will sell you their pledge account.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

This seems a bit.... unethical? I don't even understand how you can sell something you don't own. This is just asking for trouble honestly.
    King Level Pledge

Infernal Professor
    Quote Originally Posted by funktion View Post
    Just me saying this here, but based on the anti-exploit stance etc... this might be fairly frowned upon.

That being said, I'm sure there are tons of profiteers who are only looking to make a buck that will sell you their pledge account.
    Am I crazy to think there is nothing wrong with what I am offering?

Is there some sort of TOS that I am missing? I figure since this is a trading card game, reselling would be allowed.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedion View Post
    Am I crazy to think there is nothing wrong with what I am offering?

Is there some sort of TOS that I am missing? I figure since this is a trading card game, reselling would be allowed.
    There's a difference between trading and selling the cards, and someone making a profit off of a KS that they pretty much had nothing to do with, except buying and reselling (if Crypto wanted you to have a GK KS they could sell you one for $750).

Having said that, I'd imagine you'd be able to buy one and stay below the radar. I know one was posted on Craigslist late last week.

No, nothing wrong. Someone has something you want, you want to pay them for it, there's no issue here.

Some people might say that they don't technically own the product yet, it's just a pledge, but that pledge is also valuable so I don't see a problem.
    "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."

-Willy Wonka

Infernal Professor
    I mean, if i explicitly said I am buying a collectors tier to resell the exclusive cards later, would that also be "shady"?

Without a clearly defined TOS, I have no idea if this is a perceived or legitimate issue. Im certainly not looking to piss anyone off, but I am willing to pay the costs for jumping on the bandwagon too late.

The only thing I see wrong with it is the fact that the other person technically hasn't bought anything and doesn't own the slot. They pledged to pay an amount at a given date.
    King Level Pledge

There's nothing wrong with you offering to buy someone else's account at a premium. However, why make an offer on something that have no real ownership yet? At this point, you are only putting yourself in a very bad spot.

Also, while there is nothing innately wrong with offering a premium for it, I think posting in the official forums is a bad idea. I personally hate scalping. Selling "limited" items for profit is against the intended design of "limited" products.