Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HexCON for the 1%

HexCON for the 1%

What can poor Asians get out of Hexcon, other than a huge dose of jealousy? ;_;

PS: Not hating, it's gonna be awesome and I wish I could be there!

Maybe sell your ticket? That's what I'll be attempting to do if we make it as I have no way of getting to the states.

It would be too crowded if the 99% showed up. Plus a lot of them smell bad.

Master Theorycrafter
    #OccupyHexCon???

More appropriately #Can'tOccupyHexCon.

Quote Originally Posted by RobHaven View Post
    #OccupyHexCon???
    Awesome hashtag, but logistically difficult protest for those who are upset about not being able to get there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo..._United_States

IMO the top 40 % could prolly afford to go if in the states, or would you at least agree to 20%?

Quote Originally Posted by cronedog View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo..._United_States

IMO the top 40 % could prolly afford to go if in the states, or would you at least agree to 20%?
    Considering he was talking about "poor Asians" I don't see how that link is relevant. I don't think he meant 1% literally just that only a small percentage of people who pledged would actually be willing to go.

Even if someone had the money they would have to justify spending it on a games convention. I, even as an Australian for example, could technically drain my savings to get there but would I? No. I might need that money for other things and even if I was financially secure and didn't need a little nest egg I would probably find better ways of spending my money.

I saw someone say this in the KS comments, and I agreed entirely. If I had the €1,200 to drop on the round trip ticket, I would have been double Grand King + Pro from day one