Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starting tomorrow after it's over...can we talk about Collector's?

I can see how that can speak to some people with a collector personality. For some, that's the point of it all, to have something other people don't. (I mostly just hate the idea of having to spend a lot of money on a card that I want the better art for. Whichever art I like better is the one I'm going to use. If it's the AA version, great. If it's the normal version, I'll use that just fine.)

I never said anything before, because if that's what other collectors want to do, fantastic. But time is running out! People need to make their decisions and if reminding people that if you have a DC tier adding on a Collector tier if you can afford it is a fine choice, since it doesn't put any pressure on you if you want to merge the accounts or not (like adding a RL tier would), if that's enough to tip people over the edge and pick these up before they're gone, then fantastic! If telling people that Cryptozoic said that the AA cards will all be rare and legendaries will help them make their decision, that's important to restate, because it's not anywhere in the tier description.

Being part of an exclusive club can make things exciting, but so can making a last minute decision before the timer is up.
    Last edited by ForgedSol; 06-07-2013 at 02:12 AM.
    - Backer of Hex, SolForge, and Shroud of the Avatar

Well,

I would post something regarding the topic but it would result in a loss of personal integrity

What is this Collector you are talking about?
    Hex Supporter - 2x Grand King Tier, 2x Pro Player Tier

http://i40.tinypic.com/34ss4tg.jpg

Twitch, Youtube, Twitter, Steam-group, Facebook

It's a piece of crap and no one should pick it up to get more Princess Cory's that people are definitely going to try to get playsets of?

(Happy now?)
    - Backer of Hex, SolForge, and Shroud of the Avatar

Princess Cory is a damn ugly card I like the guy anyway.

Frankly I am sceptical about the ultimate value of the alternate art cards.

People are far more willing to spend money on something tangible then on digital "uniques". Therefore i doubt that those cards will reach similar value as they would have in a TCG with real cards.

And I am saying this as someone whos pledged Collector. I might be wrong but it I'd be quite surprised if that was the case (pleasantly surprised tho ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Tiuvath View Post
    Frankly I am sceptical about the ultimate value of the alternate art cards.

People are far more willing to spend money on something tangible then on digital "uniques". Therefore i doubt that those cards will reach similar value as they would have in a TCG with real cards.

And I am saying this as someone whos pledged Collector. I might be wrong but it I'd be quite surprised if that was the case (pleasantly surprised tho ^^)

I too agree with you, none of these cards will be anywhere near real life card prices. I mean, you can take(and i mean buy) the power 9, put it in a frame, and hang it on the wall, and brag about it to everyone who visits your establishment (or home). You just can't do the same with a digital only product.

It's not so much about the ultimate value of the cards, as the fact that they will be exclusive, alternate art, and unique to a few thousand players. And some people do place great value on that.

Flaunting cards online means you have a order of magnitude more people at any one time who can pine for those cards.

Although I agree having a physical thing is pretty cool. However I think the fact that you only need to have 4 to have it in all of your decks because of the digital factor also has value.

I agree though, digital is its own bag.

Quote Originally Posted by benczi View Post
    I mean, you can take(and i mean buy) the power 9, put it in a frame, and hang it on the wall, and brag about it to everyone who visits your establishment (or home). You just can't do the same with a digital only product.
    You do have digital photo frames as well these days

There is no dishonor in folks having fun with the fact that they made a smart choice when most everyone else was scrambling for other tiers. Consider that the game will ultimately have a much much larger population than we early kickstarters. And all of those new people will not be in any way restricted on the number of times they can farm pve content for equipment. It stands to reason that the AH may become flooded with items. Inversely there will be a small group that will have the only finite source of desired cards anywhere ever. Add to that extra exclusives from kickstarter. And finally an extra lotus garden.

There is a smart choice here these clever souls figured out weeks ago. But lucky for some time is still on your side.

You have less than seven hours.

GK. C for my old man. K for my wife.