Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GenCon 2013 Hex Dinner Giveaway!

Exclamation GenCon 2013 Hex Dinner Giveaway!

GenCon 2013 Hex Dinner Giveaway!

So... my Kickstarter pledges entitle me to more than 1 invite to the GenCon Hex dinner with Cory and the Cryptozoic team. I can only use 1 invite though, so I'd like to give one away to someone who wants it and would be able to attend. Additionally, if you're in the US or Canada and I can find you a United MileagePlus Saver Economy Award ticket (subject to availability), I'll even provide you a roundtrip flight to/from Indy! Finally, if you need somewhere to stay, I've booked and paid for a room at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport from August 15th - 18th (not the hotel I'm staying in, and sorry it's not closer to downtown). You'd be responsible for any and all other costs though (accommodation incidentals, GenCon badges [if you choose to attend the Con], meals, any other expenses, etc.) and you must be 18 or older.

How do you win? Between now and 11:59pm PDT June 22nd, 2013 send me a PM (if you'd rather not make your request public) or reply to this thread telling me who you are and why you should get to go. I'd prefer mature, thoughtful, considered and/or a genuinely funny responses. "OMG Pick me!@#!!@#@" probably won't cut it...

I'm also opening the giveaway up to people who already have a dinner invite, but can't make it on their own because they can't afford the flights and/or accommodation. I've had a couple of responses from locals (to Indy) who wouldn't need the flights/hotel, so it might work out that I can help out 2 people. So...

1. 1 person could win the dinner invite, flights, and hotel OR
    2. 1 local person or confirmed GenCon attendee could win the dinner invite and 1 person who already has a dinner invite could win transportation/accommodation

I'll consider both possibilities (without a preference for either) as I review the responses. If you already hold a dinner invite (which means that you had considerable money to spend on Hex!), please only enter if you really need the assistance.

Feel free to ask clarifying questions, etc. Please try to limit the trolling/negativity though

Colin

And the winners are...

/drumroll

It was incredibly tough to choose a winner - so many great entries! I wish I could help everyone, I really do. As I alluded to a little earlier this evening, I decided to help out more people than I originally planned. Without further ado, the winners:

1. Jane, a supporter of the community, someone who has faced significant hardship, will be my guest at the HexCon dinner. She's an Indy local and doesn't need flights or accommodation.
    2. funktion, a key contributor to the Hex community, will also be my guest at the dinner. He'll also gets flights to/from his home and a 3 night stay at the Courtyard Indianapolis at the Capitol.
    3. BossHoss submitted, by far, the funniest entry. He has his own dinner invite - I'll be providing flights to/from his home and a 3 night stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport.
    4. Jinuyr, another key contributor to the Hex Community. He has his own dinner invite - I'll be providing flights to/from his home and he'll take care of his own accommodation.
    5. Tyler entered for Jane - an exceptionally generous and thoughtful move on his part. I'll be sending him 50 Set 1 boosters when we're all set up in Beta.
    6. Cornholio666 also submitted a really funny entry, but was edged out by BossHoss. As a consolation, I'll also be sending him 50 Set 1 boosters when we're in Beta.

As I said, I wish I could have helped everyone. I can in a little way - if you sent me an entry by the deadline, either in a PM or as a post in this thread, I'll be sending you 3 (or more potentially) Set 1 boosters at some point during the Beta.

I'll be in touch with the winners by PM in the next days or so. All of the flights are subject to availability of award tickets, but I don't forsee too many problems in that regard. The hotels are already booked and paid for. And I'll have a booster or 2 to spare

Thank you to everyone for taking part! What a great community we're building.

Terms and Conditions for the GenCon 2013 Hex Dinner Giveaway

1. The prize has no monetary value, and is not redeemable for cash
    2. The prize is an invite to the GenCon 2013 Hex Dinner. The giveaway also includes flights (for US and Canada residents only and subject to availability) - a roundtrip (within the US or Canada) United MileagePlus Saver Economy Award ticket to/from Indianapolis, IN. Also includes up to 3 nights (August 15th - 18th, room and taxes only) at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Indianapolis Airport.
    3. Giveaway runs from 1.00pm PDT Sunday, June 9th, 2013 to 11.59pm PDT Saturday, June 22nd, 2013
    4. Entries close at 11.59pm PDT Saturday, June 22nd, 2013
    5. To qualify for the giveaway you will need to send me a PM or reply to this forum post telling me who you are and why you should get to go to the GenCon 2013 Hex Dinner
    6. Only one entry per person is permitted
    7. You must be a Hex backer, either through Kickstarter or as a "Slacker Backer"
    8. Notification will be sent to the winning entrants by 1.00pm PDT Tuesday, June 25th, 2013 via a PM to the Hex forum account provided at the time of entry, and as a reply to this forum thread
    9. The decision in relation to any aspect of this competition is final and no further correspondence will be entered into
    10. You must be 18 or older to enter
    11. I make no representation, explicit or implied, as to the quality, reliability or suitability of the prize and expressly disclaim any liability - it's Cryptozoic's dinner and I'll be an attendee just like the winner
    12. I reserve the right to update existing and/or add additional terms and conditions as needed
    13. This giveaway is not associated with Cryptozoic in any way, other than the fact that they are hosting the GenCon dinner. I am also not associated with Cryptozoic in any way, other than as a backer in their phenomenally successful Kickstarter.

Edits:
    • 6/9, 1:47pm - Added Canada to list of eligible residence countries
    • 6/9, 2:20pm - Changed the dates a little to allow the winner to buy a GenCon 2013 badge before the pre-registration period ends if they want to
    • 6/9, 2:40pm - Added accommodation (room and taxes only, winner responsible for any and all incidentals) for up to 3 nights (August 15th - 18th, 2013)
    • 6/9, 3:20pm - Added alternate entry criteria for people who have dinner invites but no means to pay for flights/hotel
    • 6/18, 7:10pm - As I noted previously in the thread, entries have slowed down considerably so I've changed the last day to enter to June 22nd to give the winner(s) more time to make arrangements
    • 6/23, 12:30am - Added the list of winners...
    Last edited by hex_colin; 06-23-2013 at 12:32 AM.
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Wow that's incredibly generous. Very kind of you! (I don't want/need entered already going to be at Gencon)

Devoted Emissary
    Wow you will even provide a plane ticket :| Wish I didn't live in canada

That is very generous. My arrangements are made for the Con as well, and look forward to seeing you at the Dinner come August!

Quote Originally Posted by XagoTrunk View Post
    Wow you will even provide a plane ticket :| Wish I didn't live in canada
    I added Canada - turns out the saver award tickets don't actually cost any more

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Gigantisaur
    Thats completely too kind. Rofl

As much as I'd like to go, I doubt I could cover basic expenses. That said, this is really extremely generous of you, and a pre-congratulations to whomever does win this.

Quote Originally Posted by quaza View Post
    As much as I'd like to go, I doubt I could cover basic expenses.
    I can understand that. I'm willing to work with whomever wins to make it as easy as possible for them to attend, including possibly using hotel points for accommodation, etc. but I don't want to 100% commit to that as part of the giveaway. Too many variables, etc.

Master Theorycrafter
    You're one cool cat, Colin.