Gen Con 2013
Cryptozoic is now taking applications for staff and potential sponsorship to Gen Con 2013. We are looking for volunteers that have judging, board game, league and administrative experience. Gen Con will be held August 15th through August 18th in Indianapolis, IN.
Indiana Convention Center
& Lucas Oil Stadium
100 South Capitol Ave.
Indianapolis, Indiana 46225
The application window begins on Monday June 10th 2013, and will close on Monday June 24th 2013.
Here is some useful information:
There will be 10 sponsorships available for this event. Note that if you do not need a sponsorship, your chances of being accepted to staff this event will be significantly higher. Please specify on your application which type of sponsorship you are requesting, if applicable.
Full and partial hotel sponsorships will be provided a shared hotel room from August 14th through August 18th.
You will be provided lunch or a small stipend and an event badge. No other costs will be covered.
REQUIRED DRESS CODE
Judges are expected to wear nice, clean black slacks with black shoes. You will be issued two Cryptozoic Judge shirts if you do not currently own any.
League and Board Game Staff will be expected to wear nice, clean blue jeans (no holes, tatters or rips) and a Cryptozoic Event Staff shirt. You will be issued two Cryptozoic Staff shirts if you do not currently own any.
If you fail to meet the dress code, you will be asked to remedy the situation and if you cannot, you will not be asked to attend other shows on behalf of Cryptozoic.
• IF YOU ARE APPLYING TO BE A JUDGE: You must be comfortable administering rules and being on your feet for an extended period of time. You will be arbitrating potential disputes and must be comfortable working with people and resolving rules conflicts. You will be working under the Head Judge and will be assigned to different events throughout the working days. You must be at least a Level 1 Judge and have a solid understanding of WoWTCG rules and tournament policy.
• IF YOU ARE APPLYING TO STAFF LEAGUE: You must be comfortable working with people, handling money and welcoming players to the event. You must be familiar with the crafting redemption process and handling League prizes and slips. Strong organizational skills are a plus.
• IF YOU ARE APPLYING TO STAFF REGISTRATION/SCOREKEEPER: You must be extremely adept at using the Cryptozoic Tracker and have a strong understanding of how different events are run. Strong organizational skills are required. The scorekeeper will be required to announce times and events as they are happening. Registration staff must be comfortable with processing paperwork to keep the flow of events running smoothly.
• IF YOU ARE APPLYING TO STAFF BOARD GAMES: You are required to know the basic rules to all Cryptozoic's current board and card games and will be asked to play or demo them continuously throughout the event. Board game staff will be required to track check-in and check-out of all board games, card games, Dungeon Decks and Raids. The Board Game staff works alongside the League staff. You may be asked simple rules questions for each board game prior to the event if you are applying for this position.
• You must be 18 years of age or older.
• You must work the entire scheduled event.
• Able to judge long hours. Days will be 8-10 hours.
• Able to lift moderately heavy objects and perform other physically demanding jobs relating to tournament setup.
• Must be friendly and have a positive attitude.
• Willing and able to assist the event staff as required with additional duties, which may include registration, table cloths, floor maintenance, radio check-in/out, breaking down of event materials, packing pallets at the end of the event, etc…
• Must be able to respond to emails within 48 hours with regards to travel arrangements.
• You will bring appropriate attire for each day of the event.
• You will either conduct Administrative, League, Board Game or Judge duties (depending on your role) every day of the event. This will require long days with almost no breaks.
What is NOT paid for?
• Food (Each person will receive either lunch or one small stipend each day).
• Taxi fares, bus fares, parking, etc.
• Additional room costs (room service, movies, laundry, etc).
• Ticket change fees (if you change your ticket, you pay all related fees).
• If you receive hotel sponsorship, you will be sharing a hotel room with at least one other person working the event.
• Spouses, friends, volunteers, players, significant others are not permitted to share your hotel room.
• Your hotel will be paid for starting the day before the event and last until the day after the event. If you wish to stay longer or arrive earlier, you must arrange for this yourself.
• This is not like a vacation, this is like work. It can be very rewarding and valuable, but it is hard work.
• If you are not chosen, do not take it personally. There are a limited number of sponsorships and staff spots available. If you would like to increase your chances of being accepted, covering your own flight and hotel will go a long way.
If your application form is not completely filled out, your application will be denied.
Click here to apply!
STAFF GIFT PACKAGE
As a thank you to our hardworking staff, we will provide you with the following:
3 displays of product from a recent set
2 Doom Commander Zakuul Promo
2 Shade of Aran Promo
2 Boundless Hellfire Promo
2 General Husam Promo
2 Blood Parasite Promo
1 Ghostly Charger Loot
2 Dark Portal Hearthstone Loot
2 Floating Spellbook Loot
2 Caverns of Time Treasure Pack