Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you think that the only way to get equipment for the PvP cards will be...

Master Theorycrafter

Do you think that the only way to get equipment for the PvP cards will be...

... through the treasure chests in boosters?

I've been thinking about it, and it makes a lot of sense. PvE cards and their gear can easily belong totally in the domain of PvE. A F2P player who doesn't want to spend anything though might feel a bit odd finding a piece of gear for a legendary PvP card they are likely to never own. Sure, they can sell it on the AH, but it might just be... odd to obtain gear in the PvE adventure mode, for cards that you can't obtain in that mode.

It wouldn't be too odd, however, for people opening boosters to obtain gear for their PvP cards that way. It'd also give them an entry point into the PvE world - they might get some good gear that they can use themselves to start off stronger on their journey, or they might want to sell it in order to buy some more useful gear or PvE cards to help them out.

Do you think this is likely? Or do you reckon we're going to be able to source PvP equipment in the PvE world like a lot of the other equipment?

Yes, I think it's not only likely, but extremely likely.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Master Theorycrafter
    Nuuuuu! How will I ever complete my first desired PvE deck!

Erm, I mean, I'm not planning anything...

Edit: of course, I'm fully aware that people will sell these on the AH. Here's hoping to find one for a fair price!

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    My guess is that equipment will be pretty easy to get as a PvP player, since the PvE player base will be a lot bigger cos it's the f2p part of the game. They will just farm what we need and sell for cheap.

Devoted Emissary
    but the legendaries wont me cheap i guarantee that

Master Theorycrafter
    Perhaps Djin, but if the only way to get PvP gear is through treasure chests in boosters, then the only way to really farm them is to open boosters. :-P So it looks like the AH is going to be the way to go for that one. That's not too bad though... fortunately the main things I'm looking for are rare and not legendary. ^^'

The only reason i would think this might not be true is that: a PvE player who lands a piece of equipment that is really awesome with a PvP card may then desire to invest a little in PvP cards.

Also have we seen any examples of a piece of equipment that couples with a PvE and PvP card? is it supposed to be clear cut distinction between PvE card equipment and PvP card equipment?

Hate to burst your bubble jax but Equipment has been stated (unless they have changed that statement) that it will be PvE only

Q:Also, just to be sure, Equipment, Heroes and Talents are PVE only right?
    A:Equipment, Heroes and Talents are PvE only. That includes going on raids with your friends, and there is a 'wild west' format, where you can play all that stuff against your friends. To maintain a good competitive environment, though, we want anyone to be able to jump in and play drafts immediately without having to "level up" their champion first.

And

Q:Question i have yet to find the answer to, checked the website and such. Does equipment work in pvp as well? Will draft tourneys have any type of equipment?
    A:Equipment only works in PvE, though we will support a 'PvE-PvP' format, which is a casual format where people can use their equipment, leveled champion, and cards they find in the PvE experience. (This is listed in our FAQ: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e#project-faqs)

As cited in the FAQ

However Gems work in PvP so that may be what you could be inquiring about.

EDIT: Though you could also not be talking about competitive PvP, though knowing how you look at everything from the competitive view... I can never be sure with you

Quote Originally Posted by Defy View Post
    Hate to burst your bubble jax but Equipment has been stated (unless they have changed that statement) that it will be PvE only

Q:Also, just to be sure, Equipment, Heroes and Talents are PVE only right?
    A:Equipment, Heroes and Talents are PvE only. That includes going on raids with your friends, and there is a 'wild west' format, where you can play all that stuff against your friends. To maintain a good competitive environment, though, we want anyone to be able to jump in and play drafts immediately without having to "level up" their champion first.

And

Q:Question i have yet to find the answer to, checked the website and such. Does equipment work in pvp as well? Will draft tourneys have any type of equipment?
    A:Equipment only works in PvE, though we will support a 'PvE-PvP' format, which is a casual format where people can use their equipment, leveled champion, and cards they find in the PvE experience. (This is listed in our FAQ: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...e#project-faqs)

As cited in the FAQ

However Gems work in PvP so that may be what you could be inquiring about.
    I think he means using PvP cards in PvE. PvP cards do have equipment synergies, they just don't matter in PvP format

Bubbled the bubble burst ^^