New Level 1 Judge Introduction

Hello all! John Holliman here a brand new Level 1 WoW Judge. I am also working on getting my hobby store sanctioned for WoW events. So any suggestions/anything I should be looking into to make sure I am doing as much as possible as a judge? Any comments are appreciated!

Hi John!

I think you didn't get a response because the judge community has been quite busy lately with the various Continenal Championships, getting ready for GenCon, all the Hex buzz, and so on. But welcome!

In this forum you'll find all of the staff calls if you're interested in coming to a major event as a judge. We're always looking for new hands for these events, so feel free to volunteer to help out, regardless of your level of expertise. Trust me, there is a lot of opportunity for on-the-job training.

For your local battlegrounds, if you're doing any, make sure your store has a Champion of the Black Flame. This person basically serves as your point of contact and local leader between your local community and Cryptozoic.

If you have any questions regarding rules, be sure to head down to the rules forum and check it out. Periodically reading it, as well, will help you pick up useful tidbits of information. I also write a weekly column at http://www.wowtcg.com/articles directed at judges and rules-oriented players.

Welcome to the community, and if you make it to any major events, I look forward to seeing you there!
    Matthew Del Buono
    Master Judge
    "Everybody knew it was impossible, until someone turned up who didn't know that."

Thank you for the info! Is there any way you can send me a link to the information to getting a Champion of the Black Flame registered?

Not sure exactly what you're asking. Do you want to apply to become a Champion? If so, that link is here:

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=15803

If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll be happy to help you find whatever info you are looking for
    Jennifer Dery
    @Legenndery