Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A pvp co-op / training idea! I think this would be great for Hex

PvP Mentoring idea! I think this would be great for Hex, please comment :)

Here is how it would work, say you're new to TCG's and you've joined a guild and it has a bunch of TCG Veterans in it. What you can do is start a game and have a friend / guild member join the game with you as an observer that is watching the game Live! (not the same as spectator mode)

They basically see everything that you would see (think of it as a mate sitting next to you watching you play on your pc) and then you could use something like ventrilo to chat with each other. They obviously cannot see the opponents hand like they could in spectator mode.

This adds a sort of Mentoring mode that allows people to help out new players and or watch how a new deck that your guild put together works It also allows mates to play a deck together, which is a lot of fun by itself (player 1 still controls everything with player 2 contributing over voice chat)

Another good example could be that you are too busy to play a game but have the time to watch your mate play and give him suggestions/comments now and then while you're working etc

Let me know what you think guys, I think it would be great for Hex and be highly beneficial to the long term success as it gives new players a great way to learn.

Cheers

HAVOC

I think spectator mode is in the work, but it will surely not have a chat between the spectators and the players.
    If you are in the same guild, however, then you can be using a voice chat program, like Mumble, skype, Ventrilo or whatever, WHILE you are playing and the veteran is spectating and you would achieve this fairly easy.

Hopefully spectator mode will not be built in such a way that allows unfair advantage by using this voice communication

Hi Volk, it's not the same as spectator mode, it works the same (so not hard to add) but you only see what your mate sees
    As I said above, think of it like you're playing on your PC and have a mate sitting next to you watching, while they are not directly controlling the mouse, your mate can obviously still give suggestions and so on

Hero of Adamanth
    I like it it, it would help new players (like me) a lot. I suppose it would only be allowed in certain training games or when both competitors agree so it never seems like cheating.

I hope something like a hex university forms in game and this would be great for that. I love the idea of huge organizations, like a university, existing in hex, far bigger than single guilds since we'll presumably all be playing in one gameworld. I'll post something about these kinds of organizations in the next few days and try to remember your idea as part of the university idea.

Justin

Having people watching me play picking apart every stupid movie i do and then laughing when i do things that work but i have no idea why. As a noobie im in!

Ah! So you can see your friends cards! That would be extremely helpful in being able to teach them what cards are appropriate for the situation. I figure normal spectator mode wont allow you to view peoples hands.

This would be a VERY simple feature to include in the game!

@ JustinKP
    Don't see how it would ever be considered cheating, it's not like you couldn't have a few people sitting around the same computer playing the game together with 1 person controlling the mouse...
    There is no real advantage in that situation and this would be the same thing except your mate doesn't have to physically be there.

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by havocattack View Post
    @ JustinKP
    Don't see how it would ever be considered cheating, it's not like you couldn't have a few people sitting around the same computer playing the game together with 1 person controlling the mouse...
    I pretty much agree but knew not everyone would, see the "unfair advantage" mentioned in the first reply. At the least everyone involved should probably know this is being used so someone doesn't cry "foul" afterwards.

Justin

Yeah, this seems like a nice idea as long as it's turned off by default.

I also feel that the player will have to allow each person to look at their cards. Instead of an on by default, this would stop any, "im going to look at my friends opponents cards and tell him whats what".