Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dissappointed with Lack of Updates

This was the most updated Kickstarter, I think you are acting entitled and once a week updates are more than reasonable.

Devoted Emissary
    While I agree that, for the time being, one update per week is enough (but please, real updates), I seriously hope that there are plans to have a complete and professional coverage after launch; I've looked at the WoW home page, and seems that they publish something every day: this should be the same for Hex.

Regarding the comments "let them work instead of writing updates", this is something I read quite often on forums of games under development, and while there's some truth behind it, it's not how companies actually work. No matter who signs them, articles and updates are usually written and prepared by the communications dept., and only validated by the actual "expert". I'm not sure how CZE is structured, but I suppose they have at least 1-2 marketing and comms guys or gals... If not, I can leave my company tomorrow and join you, just let me know!
    http://i58.tinypic.com/2ry5zfc.png
    Franz von G of Al Andalus - Pro Player | Collector | Knight
    Italian Hex Community

People today are so desperate for information - one of the downsides of the digital age, people now expect information at a crazy rapid fire rate. Weekly updates are crazy for a game in pre-alpha, and that's not enough for people. Maybe I'm showing my age but I remember when we got a teaser in a magazine a year in advance and then had to wait until it hit the shelves. Patience... how much is there really to say on a daily basis right now.

Patience although hard can only be a virtue at this point.

None of us really knew about this game til a couple of months ago (although a few did im sure) and we have been spoilt with a massive inside look at what they are creating, how they are going about it etc. We in turn have rewarding them by saying
    "Shut up and take our money"

This is the shutting up part, which can only get this highly anticipated game to our hands faster.

Its in all of our best interests to let them finish it quicker, i for one am happy with a weekly touch base

Gigantisaur
    They were busy at the G8 conference. Takes a lot to make a game and rule the world.
    The art work for opening the chest is very nice.

My buddy is in a small band. each member works 2 jobs to help support equipment and living costs (among many other things. they all have girlfriends, one a wife and child.
    you know what is crazy? each day after work they get online and answer questions from their fans, talking to people who have questions, and posting things to the community.
    I understand that this is quite the undertaking, and I want this game to be amazing just as much as the team has been putting their lives in this thing. But to say it would be too much for the devos to take 20 minutes out of their day to cruze over the forums and try to answer questions or interact with us.....
    In honesty, that would be more beneficial than a daily update on what they did each day.
    So many questions have been raised, and all we can do is speculate and come up with more questions. We come up with so many ideas as a group (and I know, I haven't posted that much so the "we" is more like the "you" hahaha). It would be nice to have these devos come and have just a little time to BS with some people on the forums and maybe add some input and take some of the ideas you all have given them (see, didn't use the we there lol. I swear, I am not taking credit for you all lol)
    again. not hours and hours. just 20-30 minutes would mean a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Athravan View Post
    People today are so desperate for information - one of the downsides of the digital age, people now expect information at a crazy rapid fire rate. Weekly updates are crazy for a game in pre-alpha, and that's not enough for people. Maybe I'm showing my age but I remember when we got a teaser in a magazine a year in advance and then had to wait until it hit the shelves. Patience... how much is there really to say on a daily basis right now.
    Word up, brother. Sometimes we only knew a game was coming out because we went in to Toys R Us and saw it on the shelf.
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by BenAndrion View Post
    But to say it would be too much for the devos to take 20 minutes out of their day to cruze over the forums and try to answer questions or interact with us.....
    In honesty, that would be more beneficial than a daily update on what they did each day.
    Once a week at this stage is fine, no matter how "desperate" we all are for more info.

Game developers aren't forum moderators, or community managers. It only takes a dev making one small slight misstatement while "cruising" by the forums to ignite a firestorm that they would be better off not dealing with. - See Cory's statement about dungeon crawler tier rewards, working on raids, discussions of the t-shirt with promo cards, etc. It's best at this time for the developers to develop. When we are closer to launch I would expect people who are dedicated PR people/community managers to come on board.

I just want card spoilers (note the use of the word want and not need, I am quite happy with a weekly update). No article just one new card spoiled per day (weekends could be ignored). It would take them all of 15 minutes to pick out 5 cards for the week. This gives them a daily "update" they can put on the site that will give people a reason to stop by every day without creating the amount of work an actual article takes. One card can actually generate a lot of discussion without CZE needing to do anything else.

when magic came out ain't no one had a computer for daily updates.
    some magazines came out about MtG and tcgs in general some time like a year or 2 after magic was already out.
    once a week is more than fine with me.
    go to other fan sites and pretend its CZE writing the articles.