Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dissappointed with Lack of Updates

Thursdays' 'lack of updates' thread. Eagerly awaiting the new 'missed KS' thread
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

Quote Originally Posted by negativeZer0 View Post
    I just want card spoilers (note the use of the word want and not need, I am quite happy with a weekly update). No article just one new card spoiled per day (weekends could be ignored). It would take them all of 15 minutes to pick out 5 cards for the week. This gives them a daily "update" they can put on the site that will give people a reason to stop by every day without creating the amount of work an actual article takes. One card can actually generate a lot of discussion without CZE needing to do anything else.
    That!

Update: since my OP I discovered that Cryptozoic is still putting out post-campaign updates for kickstarter backers, which I can appreciate, but I still think the public would be served by more content here along the lines of "This week in development..."
    Last edited by EdwardBishop; 07-19-2013 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardBishop View Post
    Update: since my OP I discovered that Cryptozoic is still putting out post-campaign updates for kickstarter backers, which I can appreciate, but I still think the public would be served by more content here along the lines of "This week in development..."
    They are still posting updates on a weekly basis and there was an interview with Cory last Saturday. You can watch it here : http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=26320. Also new card spoiler mid week here http://www.pcgamesn.com/hex-preview-...-card-game-mmo. There are also tens of fansites posting articles, some of them on daily basis; check fansite news for more info
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

Infernal Professor
    RE: kickstarter updates

It's essentially the same Friday update that they post on hextcg.com. But since it is written a little differently I read both. Those updates are public. You can read them every Friday even if you're not a backer.
    Last edited by nearlysober; 07-20-2013 at 09:14 AM.

If you think there's not enough updates then that simply means you're excited for the game. That's a good thing. I'm right there with ya buddy! But personally, a weekly update is nice. Until it releases MWS/Skyrim will keep me busy :P.

I'd rather have them work on the game to be honest. One update per week seems to be enough, since they have revealed most of the game already (in terms of how the game will be played / how PvE will work). As I'm fine with how much they have revealed, I'd rather have them finish what they started so I can play earlier

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unhurtable View Post
    I'd rather have them work on the game to be honest. One update per week seems to be enough, since they have revealed most of the game already (in terms of how the game will be played / how PvE will work). As I'm fine with how much they have revealed, I'd rather have them finish what they started so I can play earlier
    ^this. As long as I get my weekly update fix, i'm happy-ish. I obviously would want more, but thats just my obsession speaking. I understand they are super super busy, and I would much rather they work on the game and get it out to us quicker then receive a couple updates and then it come out later because of the waste of time.
    HEX Community Reading List!
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

Quote Originally Posted by EdwardBishop View Post
    "This week in development..."
    I hope they reply to you with a hundred pages of nigh unreadable coding.

I think they want to put out content the right way post launch.

Right now there could still be major changes to how they do things, not to mention how certain cards work, which keywords will be relevant at launch, etc.

Post launch I think a few updates a week would be nice, but I don't expect them to have MTG's budget off the bat.