Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hex tos

hex tos

what are the hex terms of service?
    op_kyle mentioned them twice today but i cant find them.
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps73c2483e.png
    www.hextuc.enjin.com
    Grand King Backer

Gigantisaur
    They haven't been publicized (or, likely, finalized) yet, as no one has had to sign anything yet.
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

thats what i thought to, but it was posted that something(account selling) violated the TOS, so i figured they must exist now if you can violate them.

to be clear i am not for account selling, i just want to know what the legal do's and do not's are so i don't mess up.(clearly account trading bad.) if there are rules, best to ask what they are before flailing blindly.
    www.hextuc.enjin.com
    Grand King Backer

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTycho View Post
    thats what i thought to, but it was posted that something(account selling) violated the TOS, so i figured they must exist now if you can violate them.

to be clear i am not for account selling, i just want to know what the legal do's and do not's are so i don't mess up.(clearly account trading bad.) if there are rules, best to ask what they are before flailing blindly.
    You have to agree to them before you can break them, and you'll be able to read them before you agree =)
    ---
    B.M.R.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151 View Post
    You have to agree to them before you can break them, and you'll be able to read them before you agree =)
    i suppose but i had offer and acceptance on this kick starter site for some cool stuff and that site did npt direct me to another legal contract for additional terms, so... additional hidden terms are of interest to me.
    www.hextuc.enjin.com
    Grand King Backer

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowTycho View Post

This might be assumed right now, and is likely to be implemented once the game launches or when we're able to create our accounts. I think there is a lot of hearsay right now.
    Last edited by ZeroCool; 06-21-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    This might be assumed right now, and is likely to be implemented once the game launches. I think there is a lot of hearsay right now.
    Well, it was Kyle, so definitely not "assumed," but likely things they know will be in.
    ---
    B.M.R.

Quote Originally Posted by jai151 View Post
    Well, it was Kyle, so definitely not "assumed," but likely things they know will be in.
    Right, but until we actually agree to them they're all assumed.

So we are concerned about TOS, we argue about TOS, we point ppl to the TOS, but there is no TOS? lol ?
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

It's an interesting situation that you back w/ KS and thereby enter a contract with CZE to get the rewards promised, but then they put a TOS between you and said rewards. My guess is if you don't agree with the TOS you're at least entitled to a refund of the pledge amount.

I'll also say I'm disappointed that account selling is against the TOS. CZE's position that they didn't want to interfere with the secondary market led me to believe they'd be silent on the subject. I certainly understand their desire to not have it on their official forums of course. Blocking account sales entirely however is cutting off a significant path to cash-out from your investment in the game. Or rather, transferring a significant risk to the future buyer of said investment.