Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dissappointed with Lack of Updates

Dissappointed with Lack of Updates

As per the title, I just have to say that I'm disappointed with the lack of updates post-kickstarter... has there been any announcement on this about when we might expect regular updates exactly? Am I the only one concerned by this fact?

During the kickstarter we were being spoiled by getting updates every day, and I'm not asking for them every day as such, but now we're getting them only once a week or less?

While I can appreciate that the team is busy at work preparing Hex for the promised alpha access for backers and such, surely someone on the team can afford some time to give us an update once every few days or so, no?

Thoughts?
    Last edited by EdwardBishop; 06-20-2013 at 02:18 AM.

They said they would have weekly updates every Friday. So tomorrow

CZE is not a huge company from my understanding. While a lot of people would like more updates, I don't think it's a big concern. It's only June and Alpha isn't supposed to start until August or September. If August comes around with few updates, worry about it then.

That said, if CZE would like to hire me as community manager, consider it done!

Gigantisaur
    They were busy with :
    - Pledges finalization (Paypal)
    - WoWTCG's NACC
    - E3
    - Discussions with European's translator
    - whatever else we don't know about

~

Quote Originally Posted by Apparition View Post
    CZE is not a huge company from my understanding. While a lot of people would like more updates, I don't think it's a big concern. It's only June and Alpha isn't supposed to start until August or September. If August comes around with few updates, worry about it then.

That said, if CZE would like to hire me as community manager, consider it done!
    Yeah that is curious... while they're not a huge company, even small game companies have community managers... do they not have one yet?

I also admit I've been spoiled as a MTG player by WotC's Daily Magic updates on their website, and I realize Cryptozoic can't go that far at the moment yet, but is more than once a week really asking too much?

My idea would be to, in addition to the big Friday update they've committed to, have a basic, simple Monday update saying something like "here's what we're going to try to focus on this week" to let us know how it's going... Even if that's just a little auto-email newsletter to kickstarter backers.
    Last edited by EdwardBishop; 06-20-2013 at 02:23 AM.

Gigantisaur
    as posted by others, after the KS there will be a update once a week (on Friday).

Let's be patient, and let them work on the game, instead of (imho) useless updates (like the one from last week).
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-4368...18944-blue.png

Grand King that loves collecting things twice because he thinks he's a pro player.

Just curious here, what would satisfy you? Daily, twice a week? Weekly (cause right now we're getting weekly)?

You realize there's still at least 50 or so days till alpha. Doing a daily update soaks up a lot of development time which isn't directly related to the game especially when they have a small staff. At this point I'd say hiring another 2-3 people and building up the community team probably seems reasonable considering the kickstarter etc. It's only going to make them more in the long run.

With that said though, they need to be ready to really hype the game come sept. that means having backlogged articles etc. Each one they put out this week means they need to make that many more when the time comes. There's only so much content you can put out before it starts getting stale especially when the game has awhile until it's out.

We're all excited about the game, it's hard being patient, we're all biting our nails. On the bright side there's a ton of outside people working on fan sites and content. You should check out hextcgpro... their site is pretty well put together I'd say.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

Quote Originally Posted by Chiany View Post
    as posted by others, after the KS there will be a update once a week (on Friday).

Let's be patient, and let them work on the game, instead of (imho) useless updates (like the one from last week).
    Yeah I guess part of my issue, they shouldn't be 'useless' (in your opinion and others I'm sure) updates, but instead more like "This is what's going on at the moment here at Cryptozoic" so we know how development is coming along...

Quote Originally Posted by funktion View Post
    Just curious here, what would satisfy you? Daily, twice a week? Weekly (cause right now we're getting weekly)?
    In a reply above, I say, twice a week... the current Friday update and a Monday "This Week in Development" would be nice...

Also, you do have a good point about ~content~ updates getting stale, which is why I say the updates I really want to see should have a more "This Week in Development" feel to it...
    Last edited by EdwardBishop; 06-20-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Gigantisaur
    Updates and development time have nothing in common.
    Updates have been posted by 2 people :
    - Will is probably working on getting art for set2/3 - PvE - New Cities
    - Cory is busy advertising the game and taking all the decisions

Now I'm hoping that once the set 1 is they'll have some of their pro-players testers do daily previews (Screenshot + 10 lines of text is enough!)

~

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardBishop View Post
    Yeah I guess part of my issue, they shouldn't be 'useless' (in your opinion and others I'm sure) updates, but instead more like "This is what's going on at the moment here at Cryptozoic" so we know how development is coming along...

In a reply above, I say, twice a week... the current Friday update and a Monday "This Week in Development" would be nice...

Also, you do have a good point about ~content~ updates getting stale, which is why I say the updates I really want to see should have a more "This Week in Development" feel to it...
    They don't work on weekends, and if they have to do it's to meet deadlines, not to post updates.

Friday and Monday is like Tuesday and Wednesday... not the most relevant combination.

~