Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How will Hex be released? On steam or independent or something else?

Hero of Adamanth

How will Hex be released? On steam or independent or something else?

How will Hex be released? On steam or independent or something else?
    Anyone knows?

independent most likely

Master Theorycrafter
    Steam integration will be nice, but for some reason I seem to think it'll be a stand-alone downloadable from the site. Either I read that somewhere, or something made me think that. Or I could be talking out of my butt.

Gigantisaur
    Hope it won't be Steam only (which I don't expect)
    http://sigs.enjin.com/sig/enjin-4368...18944-blue.png

Grand King that loves collecting things twice because he thinks he's a pro player.

It's never gonna be Steam exclusive, but they've mentioned that they're working on getting the Steam API to work with Hex so that you can use the Steam overlay.

I imagine at some point it might be published through Steam as well as any other publishing routes they go down.

I'd love it to be available on steam; but realistically since launching it from steam would only launch into the hex client login, it's only the hours clocked feature, and possibly steam achievements, that are a bonus (since all the other overlay features like screenshots, chatting and so on, you can get by adding as a non steam game). Still, it'd make life easier for seeing what friends are playing Hex who play other games too

Quote Originally Posted by Trothael View Post
    It's never gonna be Steam exclusive, but they've mentioned that they're working on getting the Steam API to work with Hex so that you can use the Steam overlay.
    This is honestly less impressive than it sounds; games that don't work with Steam overlay are the exception these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athravan View Post
    I'd love it to be available on steam; but realistically since launching it from steam would only launch into the hex client login, it's only the hours clocked feature, and possibly steam achievements, that are a bonus (since all the other overlay features like screenshots, chatting and so on, you can get by adding as a non steam game). Still, it'd make life easier for seeing what friends are playing Hex who play other games too
    The greatest boon of Steam availability would be a much larger audience which translates to more players and more revenue.
    The Mushwocky is always hungry.

Publishing F2P/MT Games on Steam tends to be a difficult business decision unfortunately. But it's a great market to get into if they can make the business side work.

Because it'll be multi-formatted, I'd put my money on it being sold directly from CZE.