Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wrenlocke / Dream Dance combo

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsonbateman View Post
    They'll have to change the wording on Dream Dance then to line up with Wrenlocke's. As right now, it makes no mention of having a cost reduction limit (though it probably should to prevent stuff like this).

Also, OP, first rule of infinite combos: don't talk about them until you've managed to get your 'discoverers use' out of them. ;-) Though, Wrenlocke is the inferior enabler to that combo.
    Doubtful they'll change the wording on dream dance, it's worded like that for a reason.

Also crap! I should have saved my combo for release, but since the cats out of the bag...

http://thedailyhexagame.wordpress.co...bo-of-madness/

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grissnap View Post
    Doubtful they'll change the wording on dream dance, it's worded like that for a reason.

Also crap! I should have saved my combo for release, but since the cats out of the bag...

http://thedailyhexagame.wordpress.co...bo-of-madness/
    I'm not sure that they are worded this way for a reason.. but Dream does not reduce the casting cost of any card to less than 1.

Yes, it does, as its worded now. That's why Wrenlocke is worded his way and dream dance another.

Master Theorycrafter
    At least my cat doesn't appear to be totally out of the bag... mwahahaha. >:-3

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grissnap View Post
    Yes, it does, as its worded now. That's why Wrenlocke is worded his way and dream dance another.
    It does not, but by deductive reasoning it should work this way. I had the same assumption to how this works until this same question was asked on a Twitch stream where Dream was the card in reference and they said that it does not reduce the cost of any card to less than 1.

Look up the Twitch stream where they were having network issues so they went over the cards in each deck and then answered questions for about an hour. Almost positive it was this specific video.

I'm curious what you feel the better enabler is, Jaxson. I want to run Life Siphon as a backup Wrenlocke to insta-kill them, but Wrenlocke seems like the more versatile plan. You draw your whole library, along with any silver bullets you need, and get to ragefire any number of things as much as you want.

Edit: Punk, I went back and watched the video you're talking about (I think I found the same one: http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/412300360 ). They addressed the issue, but didn't talk about Dream Dance in specific. They said that cards that target specific cards can reduce costs to 0, but that cards that affect other cards in general like Wrenlocke would not. Using that statement, Dream Dance would be one that should not reduce to 0, but the wording is currently pretty explicit, and since they didn't clarify Dream Dance specifically, I'm going to assume it functions as printed on the card. I'd also assume, based on their rant about how they don't like looping free spells, that Dream Dance will be rebalanced.

I'm more concerned about nerfs and bans now. They're going to find themselves in a big game of whackamole, I think.
    Last edited by Aradon; 06-23-2013 at 11:28 AM.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Master Theorycrafter
    You should be curious. As I said, if you have a strong/infinite combo, you sit on it until you can't squeeze any more juice out of it not being widespread. ;-) Wrenlocke is in the list though, but he's back up and only has 3 copies.

Master Theorycrafter
    I'm curious what you feel the better enabler is, Jaxson. I want to run Life Siphon as a backup Wrenlocke to insta-kill them, but Wrenlocke seems like the more versatile plan. You draw your whole library, along with any silver bullets you need, and get to ragefire any number of things as much as you want.

Edit: Punk, I went back and watched the video you're talking about (I think I found the same one: http://www.twitch.tv/hextcg/b/412300360 ). They addressed the issue, but didn't talk about Dream Dance in specific. They said that cards that target specific cards can reduce costs to 0, but that cards that affect other cards in general like Wrenlocke would not. Using that statement, Dream Dance would be one that should not reduce to 0, but the wording is currently pretty explicit, and since they didn't clarify Dream Dance specifically, I'm going to assume it functions as printed on the card. I'd also assume, based on their rant about how they don't like looping free spells, that Dream Dance will be rebalanced.

I'm more concerned about nerfs and bans now. They're going to find themselves in a big game of whackamole, I think.
    Thanks for the link. I have been working so I haven't had a chance to go back and watch it yet for the specific information. From the sound of it, it could be the video I was thinking of, but I was almost certain they referenced Dream in particular. I will watch it and let you know if that's the one.

Master Theorycrafter
    I listened to this stream as background noise while I was working on a project, but didn't hear any reference(could of easily missed it) to reducing the cost of cards in this video. I will try to dig through the streams on my upcoming weekend and revisit this topic at that time. Until then, I revoke my previous accusation until I can find the appropriate information to cite.

It was at about 44:00, I believe, when they briefly talked about cost reductions. They didn't talk about specific cards, though. They might have talked about Dream Dance in some other podcast, I don't remember. But you're right, Dream Dance is a card they clearly would want to be limited, and they said they would be watching for infinite loops, which Dream Dance easily does.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!