Thread: Questions regarding Names/Keep etc...

Determined Zombie

Questions regarding Names/Keep etc...

Hey all,

This was likely already said but if someone would be so kind as to indulge me that would be great! When we hit Beta and get to choose our names is it the Keep we name or do we have our own name or do we have to name both?

Thanks in advance,

http://www.babineau.ca/Billy/ToastManSignature.png

Taste my Hyper-Corrosive Croutons Arch-Villains.......

We definitely have to name our character in alpha, but haven't seen clarification about the keep name. Your character will be followed by "of whatever you name your keep." They said the keep will be the name of your account, but I haven't seen if we get to also pick that in alpha.

Master Theorycrafter
    Are you sure they actually said it would be the name of the account?

I remember Ben was explaining it, and was like "you name your champions and your keeps, so if your champion was X and you called your keep Dragon Breath, it'd be X of Dragon Breath". While that doesn't conflict with what you said, it seems odd that he'd think anyone would name their account Dragon Breath (though I suppose if we must choose an account name we'd like for a keep we might actually name it something like that :-P).

Gigantisaur
    I believe it will be that you are naming the keep on account creation, not that it's your account name.
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)

It's possible that I misinterpreted it, but I guess this gives me a reason to rewatch the streams again. I honestly had been expecting a purple post clarifying naming of keeps, but I'm sure we will eventually get one. They have a lot on their plates.

I would very much appreciate an offical responce on this as well (Where are u kyle ? )
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

The whole naming process is a bit hazy at the moment. Other games I've played allowed you to play around with character customization before the game was live. This allowed you to bang out the details before you name the character.

if i remember correctly, we name our Keep

then because the champion names will be Champion Name of Keep Name, the champion name don't need to be unique

If you have a Keep Dragon Breath and another player Angel's Tear and you both have a champion named Ben the Bear, then the 2 names will be Ben the Bear of Dragon Breath and Ben the Bear of Angel's Tear, so there won't be any uniqueness issue as the Keep names are unique

Quote Originally Posted by majin View Post
    if i remember correctly, we name our Keep

then because the champion names will be Champion Name of Keep Name, the champion name don't need to be unique

If you have a Keep Dragon Breath and another player Angel's Tear and you both have a champion named Ben the Bear, then the 2 names will be Ben the Bear of Dragon Breath and Ben the Bear of Angel's Tear, so there won't be any uniqueness issue as the Keep names are unique
    I hope there can't be multiple champions with the same name. That defeats the purpose of early naming. I don't want to see a billion sephiroths.

Gigantisaur
    Quote Originally Posted by Brumby66 View Post
    I hope there can't be multiple champions with the same name. That defeats the purpose of early naming. I don't want to see a billion sephiroths.
    The purpose of early naming is to get the keep name. What we don't know right now is how your champion will be named in PVP, as you only play with precon champs there. So while there may be a billion "Sephiroth of clan XYZ" in PVE, if you never see them, who cares?
    ---
    B.M.R.
    The Last of the Dragon Lords (+Pro)