Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you pick Champion Tier?

Did you pick Champion Tier?

Why or why not? I went champion mainly because it was the most I could convince my wife to let me pay on a game I cant even play yet. Getting past $50 was difficult, over a hundred....impossibru! Anyway, I'm greatfull I got in at all. So why and how did you end up where you are with your pledge?

She's the one with the balls in that relationship?

I was champ too, than kind and at least grand king... cause hex will be gonna great!

I wanted to grab 3 champions but I stuck with a GK+3 squires for extra Princess Cory's....

Those things are going to be worth A LOT eventually :-p
    I advocate for removing the deck and instead have a picture of boobs and each turn Cory's face dunks into them and pulls out a card with his teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMuffMuff View Post
    She's the one with the balls in that relationship?

I was champ too, than kind and at least grand king... cause hex will be gonna great!
    If that's how you see it. We are planning for our future and we just bought our first home. Trying to keep everything within reason. She too, is very excited for this game but without anything tangible, its tough to pony up so much.

I know this will be a great game and if left to my own devises I'd spend far too much. It's good to have someone to help keep ya in check. If given another week I'm pretty sure I could have convinced her for the $120 though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzero View Post
    If that's how you see it. We are planning for our future and we just bought our first home.
    My guess is a Producer tier is going to be worth more than your house when the next housing bubble pops... Just sayin you should prioritize what makes the most sense financially :-p
    I advocate for removing the deck and instead have a picture of boobs and each turn Cory's face dunks into them and pulls out a card with his teeth.

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by blakegrandon View Post
    My guess is a Producer tier is going to be worth more than your house when the next housing bubble pops... Just sayin you should prioritize what makes the most sense financially :-p
    congrats on the producer that you got since it was such a good investment for the long haul
    Grand King + Collectors Tier + King x2! I must be crazy

planning to buy warrior tier, got convinced champion is better, kept watching the KS and decided to invest in 2 kings (one for me and my wife) and 3 days before the end, decided I want a $250 tier (with a blessing from my wife) so I got a collector but luckily, I managed to snipe a pro tier few hours before the end

now, i'm hoping someone will sell me another king's tier before alpha or maybe swap my wife's king tier for a collector

Well, I was going to donate quite a bit, but then my uncle gave some life experience advice (Understand that what I am about to tell you, I do not completely agree with). He told me that "It's a CON", a stupid idea to donate, because "If it is a good idea, someone with money will invest. This is just a way to rip people off of their money, when they do not even know what they are donating for (not completely anyway)" He repeated this, and I learned that to some degree he is right. It is not a good idea to donate TOO MUCH (unless you are rich and have money or something) when you do not know what the experience will be like until you experience it yourself. So, my original idea was to donate around $100, but after that I settled for the Squire Tier. A tier that will get me some stuff, and at least beta. Seemed to even out pretty well. What I don't understand is why ANYONE would donate into the thousands. It doesn't seem like the greatest idea, unless you have money to waste. I can understand playing it, and then loving it sooo much that you want to buy tons of stuff, but just to donate thousands right off the bat doesn't make sense to me. Say you wanted to collect as many cards as you possibly can, would you really have fun doing it if you just donate thousands, and are given them right off the bat? That makes part of the game over for you right from the start! Again, these are some of my opinions, but to conclude, yeah I just settled for Squire. My uncle may be wise in many ways, but the one thing that I have that he doesn't, is the knowledge that when you purchase a video game, whether you like the game or not, it's gonna be a shot in the dark. You are either going to pay $60 for a game you love, or it will suck, and you will hate it, wasting $60, and this is the same thing, you have to take the chance, and hope it is as good as you thought it would be.
    Last edited by sckolar; 06-23-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Devoted Emissary
    blakegrandon's cash grab shit should be removed from his sig. disgusting.

Devoted Emissary
    Quote Originally Posted by sckolar View Post
    Well, I was going to donate quite a bit, but then my uncle gave some life experience advice (Understand that what I am about to tell you, I do not completely agree with). He told me that "It's a CON".

and you listened to him?