Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Murder vs Menacing Gralk

Hybrid View

[Video] Murder vs Menacing Gralk

Hey everyone, I just published a new video for you all and this time I feel like I might have gotten it a lot closer to what I'm aiming for. It's definitely a short one and I don't plan for them to all be so short, but I feel like I found something that works.

This is one I'd really like some feedback on, whether it's just to say that you liked it or if you've also got something constructive to say.

Without further ado...

WHAT'S THE PICK!?!

Go watch the video then come back and read the rest : P...

I'm definitely reluctant to give away prizes just for the sake of it, I'd rather come up with something fun that other people can actually take part in. So if you'd think you got what it takes, send me a private message and we'll work it out!

Thanks for everything guys!
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

I think that with what we know right now about set 1 they're close enough that this pick really comes down to personal preference. Murder goes into a control deck slightly better, and can be splashed, while the Gralk goes into a tempo based aggro deck better but basically commits you to sapphire. Right now I would probably take Murder, but that would change if sapphire gets more tempo based spells and creatures (which it looks like they will, since we know about the Gralk and Void Leech).

Well it's really hard to compare those two cards. First pick I'd go with the Menacing Gralk as it can be a winning condition against most draft decks you'll face. Later in a draft you'd only take it if you're already into sapphire while you could splash for Murder anytime you want to.
    So yes, it really depends when you get to chose between the two and what your deck looks like so far.

@ Largo; yeah I think they're super super close actually. So much of it will come down to preference once we see more spoiled. It's just I was going through cards and the thought popped up, there's so few cards that I would consider taking over murder, but Gralk made me do a double take. I think a lot of people might dismiss it at first.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazrakh View Post
    So yes, it really depends when you get to chose between the two and what your deck looks like so far.
    Check the vid... this is pick 1 pack 1 first thing.
    Last edited by funktion; 06-25-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

double post
    Last edited by Khazrakh; 06-25-2013 at 01:14 PM. Reason: seems like i can't delete it?

I think I would still have to go with murder. As much for the fact that It keeps it out of my opponents hands. The less disruption in my gameplay, and the more I can disrupt my opponents gameplay, the better. Plus there is just more flexibility with murder on round 1 pack 1. If the question were card 1 of pack 2 or 3, where you have a better feel for your color direction, that could change.

Like the idea behind the video. As someone who will be totally new to drafting, it’s interesting to hear the thought processes that go on when comparing the relative value of cards.

Hero of Adamanth
    I do not think I could pick between the two without seeing the rest of the pack. For instance, if there was a Corrupted Harvester in the pack I would go the Menacing Gralk. Or if there was a Thunderbird in the pack I would go Murder. This is because I want the people on my left both going into the opposite shard of what I am drafting.

Weighing up what your opponents may pick will enhance what you will get passed in pack 2.

Menacing gralk would be my pick between the two if all other factors are neutral.

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    I expected a draft pick scenario not a card comparison. Think you should either rename your series or just make a 15 card pack 1st pick scenario and keep the name. Decision is also very obvious in this case, Menacing Gralk is a bomb.

This video made me laugh, but I'm not entirely sure why!
    Anyway it's a pretty tough choice but I'd probably go with the Gralk just because it's rare and Murder is common, so Murder is much more likely to show up again if I decided I wanted to include it. Perhaps not the best logic, but there it is.