Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hex World Championship Tournament ?

Hex World Championship Tournament ?

All of the tournaments we mentioned above all award qualifier points

A player will need 10 points in order to play in a World Championship Qualifier Tournament.

World Championship Qualifier Tournaments happen every 4 months and qualify you for the HEX World Championship.

So we compete in 4 month stretch cycles to earn said 10 points that will reset quarterly. Now my question is more geared toward worlds and probably be more speculative than anything.

I assume a certain # or % of people that place in the WQTs will be invited to worlds instead of the top 4 players i.e. just the first place finisher from each WQT or I might be completely wrong. What are your thoughts and speculations on the matter how many people do you think we will see compete at Worlds?

Gigantisaur
    For a World Championship you want a decent amount of players to participate. Make it too exclusive and it's no fun.

Typically I'd say there should be between 200 and 400 invites for the World championship, so maybe the first 120 in each qualifier get the invite? That's pure speculation, though, based on tournaments I have seen (not Magic).
    Dungeon Crawler / Collector / Raid Leader

Keep Hibbernathy - Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild @HexTUC
    Running: TUC Arena of Myth Challenge Can you do a perfect 20-0 run with every single champion? Working on #32

Gigantisaur
    Another way to do it would be to have only 16 players in person for a world championship that's very exclusive.

~

Devoted Emissary
    Whatever the eventual qualifying criteria I hope it will be possible to become world champion from my living room. Would not like to see the finals being held in a physical location ie America.

Would be lame to actually qualify ( self delusion my speciality ) and then not be able to participate due to travel/work/ financial issues.

Then again if you won an all expenses trip to the worlds my stance could soften.

I think it's too early to speculate, but I'd imagine it being much more than 4 people...

Quote Originally Posted by Vomitlord View Post
    Whatever the eventual qualifying criteria I hope it will be possible to become world champion from my living room. Would not like to see the finals being held in a physical location ie America.

Would be lame to actually qualify ( self delusion my speciality ) and then not be able to participate due to travel/work/ financial issues.

Then again if you won an all expenses trip to the worlds my stance could soften.
    I'd be very surprised if CZE would give out all-expenses trips to the qualifiers. In E-Sports at the moment the teams are usually sponsored and the sponsors pay for the trips if there is a physical location event (such as all "World Championships" within E-Sports I've heard about).

Quote Originally Posted by Vomitlord View Post

Yeah same here it 'd suck to qualify, then the World Championship to be held at Vegas. As for how many ppl will qualify this will really depend on the game's population at the time.
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowelf View Post
    Yeah same here it 'd suck to qualify, then the World Championship to be held at Vegas.
    And you'd go or not go based on whether or not you could afford it. Why would Vegas suck any more than "arbitrary location that is far from where I live?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckenwhatever View Post
    And you'd go or not go based on whether or not you could afford it. Why would Vegas suck any more than "arbitrary location that is far from where I live?"
    Because Vegas is a shitbox?
    --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well

Quote Originally Posted by ossuary View Post
    Because Vegas is a shitbox?
    It's modern day Sodom and Gomorrah, but it's easily traveled to from most places in the US or overseas, has ample convention space, and is already where CZE has a track record of running major events. Would you prefer someplace like Fargo, ND?