Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: This Week's Updates Posted!

Shin'hare artwork sure looks kewl although i'd prefer if they had previewed one of the less known races
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

they are doing it based on the poll. so necrotic will be next.

EDIT: Poll is gone but it was up during KS asking which race you want to see next.

Quote Originally Posted by incitfulmonk21 View Post
    they are doing it based on the poll. so necrotic will be next.

EDIT: Poll is gone but it was up during KS asking which race you want to see next.
    Yeah i remember the poll, didn't know that they followed the poll's results of popularity however ;/
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

Is it sad that I look forward more to these updates than my own paychecks on Fridays?

Interesting. They are very different from the underworld champions: it seems like most of them focus on creating new creatures for you. Most of them seem weaker to me.

The human one that creates a 5 cost creature probably only works at all in an inspire deck, as a creature with that cost will be inspired by just about everyone. However, it is quite true that using 5 charges and 5 resources to create a 3/3 creature with no abilities at all is...terrible.

I also find the coyotle cleric who gains 5 health on 6 charges to be interesting. Normally you wouldn't want to include heal spells in a deck as they don't do anything for you if you don't need them, but with the mild effect most charge abilities seem to have, having an alternate form of healing via charges seems it could be useful.

The sapphire coyotle who grants flight seems extremely good.

The orc warrior shows that, very appropriately, CZE continues to value drawing additional cards extremely highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubar View Post
    I am not saying that it is an awesome ability.. but you have to remember that it is a card from nothing.. and card advantage/a creature to play from nothing are never a bad thing.
    There are a whole bunch of card from nothing champions.

8 charges/0 resources = 6/6 with crush
    2 charges/0 resources = 3/1 with speed (dies at end of turn)
    6 charges/0 resources = X/X (where X is how man resources you draw from 10 cards, which is probably around 3 or 4)

Then there's

5 charges/5 resources =3/3

That's just an abysmally bad deal. All the others would work just fine in an inpsire deck as well. The adamanthian elite BADLY needs to be put into play rather than into hand.

As it stands, the orc's blaze elemental will work much much better in inspire decks than this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaian View Post
    Inspire.
    I guess the 5 cost does make it a good target for Inspire, and if you were running an Inspire-heavy deck you could buff the thing to pretty powerful levels, but that's true of any 5 cost troop. I guess the fact that it's a free card is the bigger thing here (we know from the Underworld Champions that they cost extra cards in your hand pretty highly), but even if it *is* a free card, it's still a fairly poor card for 5 cost. Compare it to the Aggressive Warhulk - also a 3/3 at 5 cost, but it also has Crush and an ability to give it +1/+0.
    I know card advantage is supposed to be a super big deal, but if the card you are getting is as unimpressive as this one, is it really an advantage? *shrug*

Guys, the one orc lets you draw a card! Though we already knew that one. The only one of these that we didn't already know that jumps out at me is the one that grants flight.

Life gain is "neat" but I wouldn't take it over any of the others.

Squirrel titan is funny but not something I care about.

Of the humans I like the +1/+1 ability most but even then only for limited. That sort of effect (especially without costing a card or resources) can kind of break combat even as a basic action.

Gonna build a deck with literally nothing but resources for that one orc (not (ok maybe but only for funsises).

Baby Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post

6 charges/0 resources = X/X (where X is how man resources you draw from 10 cards, which is probably around 3 or 4)

Then there's

That's just an abysmally bad deal. All the others would work just fine in an inpsire deck as well. The adamanthian elite BADLY needs to be put into play rather than into hand.

As it stands, the orc's blaze elemental will work much much better in inspire decks than this thing.
    This is true, but none of those other abilities put a card into your hand? I can think of a particular aesthetic who is aspiring to something who likes having cards in your hand.

As I previously stated, I don't think it is an awesome ability, but I don't think you really put enough thought into its uses before dismissing it as a bad ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post

Then there's

The 8/8 requires 3 wild threshold, which will make it poor in an Inspire deck.
    The 3/1 haste, dies at end of the turn and has a cost of 3. The low cost can miss a couple inspires, and the death at the end of turn slightly limits in a non-burn deck.
    The rock elemental, could be better, but we don't know the cost of the elemental.