Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: This Week's Updates Posted!

Baby Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Icepick View Post
    I guess the 5 cost does make it a good target for Inspire, and if you were running an Inspire-heavy deck you could buff the thing to pretty powerful levels, but that's true of any 5 cost troop. I guess the fact that it's a free card is the bigger thing here (we know from the Underworld Champions that they cost extra cards in your hand pretty highly), but even if it *is* a free card, it's still a fairly poor card for 5 cost. Compare it to the Aggressive Warhulk - also a 3/3 at 5 cost, but it also has Crush and an ability to give it +1/+0.
    I know card advantage is supposed to be a super big deal, but if the card you are getting is as unimpressive as this one, is it really an advantage? *shrug*
    It can be against certain match ups. against control with lots of sweepers, being guaranteed a 3/3 for 5 charges can do wonders for how you play out your first 4 turns. You should also keep in mind limited play. Knowing that on turn 5 if I hit all my land drops that I can be guaranteed a 3/3 creature that I don't lose card advantage playing seems decent. Especially with the current quality of midrange creatures we have.

Gigantisaur
    Lady Elizabeth Stewart is definitely meant to make sure you have a troop for your 5drop.
    She requires ONLY 1 diamond threshold cause the inspire deck will/could be all 3 human shards...

~

Quote Originally Posted by Grubar View Post
    It can be against certain match ups. against control with lots of sweepers, being guaranteed a 3/3 for 5 charges can do wonders for how you play out your first 4 turns. You should also keep in mind limited play. Knowing that on turn 5 if I hit all my land drops that I can be guaranteed a 3/3 creature that I don't lose card advantage playing seems decent. Especially with the current quality of midrange creatures we have.
    Yeah, I suppose so. I guess it comes down to how you interpret what you are paying for. Being able to guarantee that you have that troop available once you hit 5 Resources is probably worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepick View Post
    I guess the 5 cost does make it a good target for Inspire, and if you were running an Inspire-heavy deck you could buff the thing to pretty powerful levels, but that's true of any 5 cost troop. I guess the fact that it's a free card is the bigger thing here (we know from the Underworld Champions that they cost extra cards in your hand pretty highly), but even if it *is* a free card, it's still a fairly poor card for 5 cost. Compare it to the Aggressive Warhulk - also a 3/3 at 5 cost, but it also has Crush and an ability to give it +1/+0.
    I know card advantage is supposed to be a super big deal, but if the card you are getting is as unimpressive as this one, is it really an advantage? *shrug*
    To me that's not even the right question. The extra card is great (almost regardless what it is and in this case it's a 3/3 which is relevant). The problem is the tempo it'll cost you. I suppose you'll eventually get to the point where you're out of things in hand to cast and then the fact that this card is inefficient will matter less but that's not the point. One of the coolest thing about champions to me is the fact that they let you do things without resources so you can do multiple things on turns where other wise you could only do one thing. This does that..... sort of.

In a vacuum its fine. But we aren't in a vacuum and there are 19 other champs we have to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubar View Post
    This is true, but none of those other abilities put a card into your hand? I can think of a particular aesthetic who is aspiring to something who likes having cards in your hand.

As I previously stated, I don't think it is an awesome ability, but I don't think you really put enough thought into its uses before dismissing it as a bad ability.
    I don't think there's any advantage to having the card go to your hand and have to pay 5 resources to put it into play, vice putting it into play immediately. You get the card advantage either way.

It's clearly a very weak ability compared to the others. That's what makes it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    Gonna build a deck with literally nothing but resources for that one orc (not (ok maybe but only for funsises).
    It would really only need to be about 1/2 to 2/3 resources.

A 6 charge 6/6 monster on turn 6 is nothing to sneeze at.

Gonna build a deck with literally nothing but resources for that one orc (not (ok maybe but only for funsises).
    That is an interesting idea, do something like 4 Shrine of prosperity, 4 charge bot, and 52 ruby sources. I could see it working well, not high level but it could win games.

Dear lord what deck am I playing that is made up 2/3 of resources?? 40 resource cards in a 60 card deck? You'll cast like 2 spells per game just so that you can get a "free" creature on turn 6 that is -on average- a 6/6. No thanks.

Dear lord what deck am I playing that is made up 2/3 of resources?? 40 resource cards in a 60 card deck? You'll cast like 2 spells per game just so that you can get a "free" creature on turn 6 that is -on average- a 6/6. No thanks.
    As pointed out above, there are many cards that would help when compared to a purely resource deck. You can only play 1 resource a turn, which means only one charge a turn. There are cards that let you charge faster and play more than one resource a turn, which it would be wise to include if you can do so without diluting the potential power of a 10 card draw too much.

Baby Yeti
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    I don't think there's any advantage to having the card go to your hand and have to pay 5 resources to put it into play, vice putting it into play immediately. You get the card advantage either way.
    you must have missed my reference. I gave you an example of a card that wants you to have it in your hand and not directly into play.

h4lL7Ho.jpg

And with only half of the set spoiled.. who knows if there will be more?