Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: This Week's Updates Posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    As pointed out above, there are many cards that would help when compared to a purely resource deck. You can only play 1 resource a turn, which means only one charge a turn. There are cards that let you charge faster and play more than one resource a turn, which it would be wise to include if you can do so without diluting the potential power of a 10 card draw too much.
    I still don't see it. Now not only am I drawing 2-4 spells per game but also those spells are only going to help me play more resources of which I already have plenty of?

I'm prepared to be wrong about this when the game comes out but until such a day I'm not going to lend it any more thought. And this is from somebody with a burning desire to play Legacy Lands in MTG.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubar View Post
    you must have missed my reference. I gave you an example of a card that wants you to have it in your hand and not directly into play.

Attachment 809

And with only half of the set spoiled.. who knows if there will be more?
    I have a deck idea based around him, and was thinking of using Herczeg, but the Steward may be better thanks, to the access of another troop. (The deck: http://www.hex-datamine.com/deck.php...,4,4,4,4,2,2,4)

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    I still don't see it. Now not only am I drawing 2-4 spells per game but also those spells are only going to help me play more resources of which I already have plenty of?

I'm prepared to be wrong about this when the game comes out but until such a day I'm not going to lend it any more thought. And this is from somebody with a burning desire to play Legacy Lands in MTG.
    Shrine of Prosperity, increases the amount of charges the top source of your deck gives you, and Charge Bot gives you a charge. There are also cards that let you make sources in wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaian View Post
    Shrine of Prosperity, increases the amount of charges the top source of your deck gives you, and Charge Bot gives you a charge. There are also cards that let you make sources in wild.
    Yes I'm aware. They still fall under the category of "only going to help me play more resources which I already have plenty of".

Now if you're trying to convince me this deck is a remotely good idea then talk about Soul Marble not the shrine.

Yes I'm aware. They still fall under the category of "only going to help me play more resources which I already have plenty of".

Now if you're trying to convince me this deck is a remotely good idea then talk about Soul Marble not the shrine.
    The deck idea would ignore your resources, its goal would entirely be charged based. The goal is to get to 6 charge power as quickly and as often as possible, while at the same time having enough sources in your deck so the troop you make is large. Thanks to the simplicity of the deck, it wouldn't hurt to mulligan all the way down to 1 card in search of a Shrine in your starting hand.

Is anyone else a little disappointed that the Mammoth Squirrel Titan uses the same art as Wild Growth?

Gigantisaur
    Placeholder

~

Quote Originally Posted by Avaian View Post
    The deck idea would ignore your resources, its goal would entirely be charged based. The goal is to get to 6 charge power as quickly and as often as possible, while at the same time having enough sources in your deck so the troop you make is large. Thanks to the simplicity of the deck, it wouldn't hurt to mulligan all the way down to 1 card in search of a Shrine in your starting hand.
    Yes I understand the point of the deck. It sounds like trading both your legs to make your arm a few inches longer in an attempt to reach the top of a bookshelf.

Gigantisaur
    Yes I understand the point of the deck. It sounds like trading both your legs to make your arm a few inches longer in an attempt to reach the top of a bookshelf.
    Nice one

~

Quote Originally Posted by Grubar View Post
    you must have missed my reference. I gave you an example of a card that wants you to have it in your hand and not directly into play.

Attachment 809

And with only half of the set spoiled.. who knows if there will be more?
    If you just want to draw a card for that transcended limit, I suspect the sapphire dwarf that draws cards will be much better, as you're probably going to need the special capabilities of sapphire to get your ascended up and running.