Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: This Week's Updates Posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    Gonna build a deck with literally nothing but resources for that one orc (not (ok maybe but only for funsises).
    Let's take this, from the top, once more, slowly.

You will draw and play one resource a turn. You will get one charge a turn. No more, no less.

The earliest you can get even a single monster out will be turn 6 and he will be a 10/10.

Now, if we add in things like charge bots or shrine of prosperity or any ruby card version of that wild card that lets you play resources, you will be getting MORE than one charge per turn.

Having your first monster be an 8/8 monster out on turn 4 is way way way better than having your first monster be a 10/10 out on turn 6. You'll probably have lost long before turn 6 if you have literally nothing but resources.

There are cards that will charge your champion much faster than a deck of nothing but resources, because of the one resource card a turn limit.

IF you want to play this champion, there are much better ways to go about it than having a deck of all resources.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorpal View Post
    Let's take this, from the top, once more, slowly.

You will draw and play one resource a turn. You will get one charge a turn. No more, no less.

The earliest you can get even a single monster out will be turn 6 and he will be a 10/10.

Now, if we add in things like charge bots or shrine of prosperity or any ruby card version of that wild card that lets you play resources, you will be getting MORE than one charge per turn.

Having your first monster be an 8/8 monster out on turn 4 is way way way better than having your first monster be a 10/10 out on turn 6. You'll probably have lost long before turn 6 if you have literally nothing but resources.

There are cards that will charge your champion much faster than a deck of nothing but resources, because of the one resource card a turn limit.

IF you want to play this champion, there are much better ways to go about it than having a deck of all resources.
    My remark about a deck of entirely made of resources was a joke which was designed to show how impractical I thought the ability was.

Let me reply slowly. I understand the point of the deck you're proposing and I think it's ridiculous.

My point is the joke deck you made was a BAD joke deck and my joke deck is much better.

If you're going to make a joke deck you may as well do it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaux View Post
    My remark about a deck of entirely made of resources was a joke which was designed to show how impractical I thought the ability was.

Let me reply slowly. I understand the point of the deck you're proposing and I think it's ridiculous.
    I would agree with what you said if the deck wasn't a just below average to average deck.

The deck I see with current cards is 4 Shrine of Prosperity, 4 Charge Bot, and 52 Ruby Sources with Tetzot as your champion.

To beat it, you would need to destroy the Shrines of Prosperity, overwhelm your opponent, kill off every Rock elemental, or defeat it before it can get a foothold.

A deck made by an average player would have chances to one or more of those but are generally inconsistent. (Average players, are the ones who won't own several copies of every card and will makes mistakes sometimes. Average players won't have the ideal decks or be able to play them well.)

If you are unable to stop the deck by turn 12, then your chances of winning are low. For a deck consisting of 8 non-source cards to be viable is crazy, but just because it goes against the norm doesn't mean it is bad.
    Last edited by Avaian; 06-28-2013 at 03:00 PM.

Hm. Such a deck would have no issues mulling endlessly until you get a Shrine in your opening hand. If you do, then you'd be able to get a ~9/9 elemental on the board by turn 4, and probably another by turn 7.

Of course, any decent deck would have an answer to this. Inner Conflict, Repel, Murder, and Runt of the Litter all destroy this strategy, and any aggro deck worth its salt would outpace it.

That said, if you use Tetzot (or Elizabeth/Polonius, I suppose) with Trial of Faith, getting an Elemental out there right after you void your board could be incredibly helpful. I always thought that the card was trash, but now I'm seeing some promise...
    Last edited by Hemlock; 06-28-2013 at 03:17 PM.

~With the way you guys are analyzing a joke, remind me to never take you to a comedy club~

I'm going to take the sapphire hero that gives permanent flight and give all my sapphire creatures that have flight some more flight...

That guy is pretty sick with the Cerulean Mirror Knight on the board.
    http://file3.guildlaunch.net/319924/...etonbanner.jpg
    Murder Inc. - Strong PvP / PvE - Professional Leadership
    www.hexmurderinc.com