Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stats I'd Love To See Listed While Drafting

Lightbulb Stats I'd Love To See Listed While Drafting

There are a couple of card stats I would love to see while I'm drafting:

• the big one: how many copies of the card do I already own?
    • Also: what's the card going for on the AH? (You know players are already going to do this, why not just display it directly?)

The Transcended
    Duplicate thread. Click the Hot Topics link in my sig and look for the "Informational Tooltip" item.

More relevant to the draft (and probably already in their intended design) are the layout of the cards you've already picked, arrangeable by mana cost.

After spending a little time in the auction house, you'll probably have a good idea what the money cards are, and you should have a good general feel for whether you want a card in a pack for you collection or not, so personally I'm less interested in the features listed here. I'm mostly concerned with having information for deckbuilding.
    In-game: Obsidian || Collector backer || Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulea Acadamy"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradon View Post
    Cory is a man of unrelenting promises and optimism!

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapierian View Post
    There are a couple of card stats I would love to see while I'm drafting:

• the big one: how many copies of the card do I already own?
    • Also: what's the card going for on the AH? (You know players are already going to do this, why not just display it directly?)
    I actually don't know that competitively how many copies are owned will matter much, also unless you are picking a dreg card you can just trade for something after the draft.

I think AH pricing is a bad bad bad idea, IMO it ruins the tournament side and promotes value drafting...

I'd mostly like to see a resource curve graph, number of troops, colour %s

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Tathel View Post
    I think AH pricing is a bad bad bad idea, IMO it ruins the tournament side and promotes value drafting...
    And who are you to say how someone should draft? If someone just wants to value draft, what's it to you? If you're a competitive drafter, a value drafter will just net you more wins because they're making "poor" choices in terms of winning the draft.

I envision the tooltip as being optional (you can turn it off).

Also, I'm pretty sure they'll have deck stats available.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    And who are you to say how someone should draft? If someone just wants to value draft, what's it to you? If you're a competitive drafter, a value drafter will just net you more wins because they're making "poor" choices in terms of winning the draft.

I envision the tooltip as being optional (you can turn it off).

Also, I'm pretty sure they'll have deck stats available.
    There is nothing wrong with people value drafting, but having the prices easily available does promote people to do it, especially newer drafters.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaian View Post
    There is nothing wrong with people value drafting, but having the prices easily available does promote people to do it, especially newer drafters.
    So make the option turned off by default.

Time Bug
    Well of course people are going to "value draft" no matter what, and in the end it IS their money. Anyone can draft however they choose. I just don't think the game should "encourage" it by placing that information at your fingertips during the draft process. In a competitive format, the game itself should at least attempt to promote "proper" drafting.
    Every gamer has an opinion. Check mine out at:

http://mmovagabond.blogspot.com

Determined Zombie
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    And who are you to say how someone should draft?
    ... ummm, he's a player with an opinion stating that opinion a'la "IMO." Not trying to start anything, but if you applied this to your post it would look like, "Who are you to attack someone on the forums?"
    Whoa Collector Time!