Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is there no competitive PVE - or - Why there is no competitive PVE

Quote Originally Posted by Hexgo View Post
    Majin and Jax
    Exactly thats what i mean. It would be awesome.

But how can it be competitive if a fraction of the player base has significant advantages over others (including me)?
    There would always be bad blood like: "well you had a "raidleader" with you, that doesn't count".
    (Like i said: advantage of the kickstarter-PVE backer)
    there will be wild west format PvP (not sure if there will be wild west tourneys) where you will be able to play with PvP and PvE cards on your deck. The raid leader won't have any advantage here

as for the lotus, they are tradeable so you can get them in the AH and because there are a lot of garden from the KS rewards, it will be very cheap. it will only increase in value if more PvE players start playing hex and the demand increases. you can start hoarding them (the lotus cards and not the garden) early on so you will have enough stash while they prices are cheap (based on the other discussions before about garden and the prices).

the raid leader+ is the only KS tier that has an advantage and only on raids (dungeons aren't considered raids).

the dungeon crawler which have a loot bonus only means they will roll twice on the loot table (not double the drop rate of a reward or double the reward). this just means the rest of us will farm dungeons twice as them but aside from that, no extra advantage at all (except for the 20 rare / legendary equips they will get out of the 1500 to 1800 equips on set 1)

hope this is the answer you are looking for. welcome to the community

By competitive PvE, do you mean matches against other human players? Or do you mean competing for bragging rights on completing some raid or first to max level, etc?

This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rycajo View Post
    (...)bragging rights on completing some raid or first to max level, etc?
    You could also support that with all kinds of achievements, hard core modes etc. ofc i don't expect anything like that say within the first 6 months after launch. But I think this would be totally great!

@Majin
    No this aren't exactly the answers i expected. Thank you anyway! :-)
    and i think the double roll was a false statement from cory, actually it is the 100% loot bonus as statet on the kickstarter, isn't it?

@Punk
    Thanks, I really didn't see that. But do you think there will be "dungeon/raid-tournaments" or is it just meant for the PVP-Western mode?
    Last edited by Hexgo; 06-29-2013 at 08:49 AM.

The Transcended
    Anyone tracking "firsts" like in WoW will ignore RL bonuses if they want the community to respect the rankings. IMO, the RL bonus is there for farming raids (or trying alternate strategies) after you've beaten it the "real" way first.

Devoted Emissary
    I'm just hoping that the PvE experience is fun and engaging, and a little out there. I really have no interest in world/server firsts, especially if worrying about it detracts from the PvE experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoss View Post
    Anyone tracking "firsts" like in WoW will ignore RL bonuses if they want the community to respect the rankings. IMO, the RL bonus is there for farming raids (or trying alternate strategies) after you've beaten it the "real" way first.
    What stops people from farming it with RL bonuses before attempting it "legit"?

Quote Originally Posted by Punk View Post
    "+1 Card in the opening hand of all players grouped with "The Raid Leader" in non-tournament PVE content FOR LIFE!" - Kickstarter

This also insinuates that there will be Tournament PvE Content. Nothing confirmed at launch, but I believe I remember Cory touching on this subject very briefly in one video.

/thread
    brilliant. I never picked up on this. Thank you for stating

There is no "tracking"--there will achievements. Achievements do it automatically. RL Bonus or not, the achievement will make it a moot topic.

Master Theorycrafter
    I disagree, how do you keep track of this? There will be other PvE buffs available, do you exclude these too? What about equipment? How do you know what a group ran a raid with? Are raid leaders automatically disqualified?

I don't see the distinction between beating a raid and beating a raid with buffs. They are all part of the game and I don't know how you tell if it's been beat the 'real' way.

Master Theorycrafter
    @Punk
    Thanks, I really didn't see that. But do you think there will be "dungeon/raid-tournaments" or is it just meant for the PVP-Western mode?
    I think there will be zero PvE Tournaments at launch, but that they will add some to the game within the first few months. Since PvE is the F2P side of the game, and will have a significantly larger player-base, I think they will wait until their system is running and stable to ensure they can efficiently run Tournaments on a much larger scale than PvP.

Majin and Jax
    Exactly thats what i mean. It would be awesome.

But how can it be competitive if a fraction of the player base has significant advantages over others (including me)?
    I don't understand you. In every competitive sport, some people have advantages over others.

Some people having advantages in no way means it's not competitive.

There will always be informal player competition to get world firsts on new raids, just like in WOW, or see how few people you can use to take down a boss, etc.

I don't recall anyone ever saying "Hey, your world first didn't count because you guys have been playing together as a guild longer, have a larger pool of skilled main tanks, and have better gear!"