Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hex and streaming thoughts

Hex and streaming thoughts

I was wondering if hex will support streaming. You know have a windowed mode and such any ideas

I can't see why not. After all its their game u will be promoting; watching ppl streaming is both fun and educative
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

Well i just wanted to see if it would have native support or do we have to do some rigging lol
    Last edited by Chewiegaming01; 06-30-2013 at 04:19 PM.

My guess is since they did a large portion of their promotion during the KS by streaming on Twitch, it's high on their list of ideas.
    I hate your big image banner signature, and blocked it with adblock.

I hope so i want it to be a smooth stream unlike MTGOnline

Why would they need to add streaming support when there's already polished programs out there designed to stream applications without having to have native support to do so? Seems like a waste of development resources to worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by AceBladewing View Post
    Why would they need to add streaming support when there's already polished programs out there designed to stream applications without having to have native support to do so? Seems like a waste of development resources to worry about that.
    I dunno, why do anything? Because it's convenient and makes life easier for those who want to use it.
    I hate your big image banner signature, and blocked it with adblock.

Well most streamers know that even with programs such as Xsplit or while using a Device like Black magic they have to incorporated specs in the game or it can cause errors and a lot of head ach.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Funsocks View Post
    My guess is since they did a large portion of their promotion during the KS by streaming on Twitch, it's high on their list of ideas.
    I don't think that just because they streamed during the KS means that streaming is a high priority. They seemed to be using an external program to stream.

That being said, there was a thread awhile ago talking about streaming. I think the best idea in there was to have each match be considered a "room" which other people would be able to join in a spectator mode (with the option to not allow people to join, obviously). This spectator mode would show the play area, nut not hands (to avoid an opponent watching your stream). While not exactly "streaming", it would allow other Hex players to watch games, and it would also make it easier for someone to stream a "safe" view of the game using external programs.
    ~ On my death I give you this treasure: The knowledge that life is hard, yet too soon past.

Devoted Emissary
    I plan on streaming quite a bit, regardless of whether they have support for it