Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Legacy - A PC game to play while you wait for Hex

Rogue Legacy - A PC game to play while you wait for Hex

If you were ever an old school fan of nintendo games, you should truly consider checking this gem out.
    http://www.roguelegacy.com/
    (if you buy it get it from this site, as you get a DRM free copy and a steam copy(that you can gift))

This game is a roguelike(permadeath 1 life)
    where what you did in your last run effects your future generations
    it's also a bit like castlevania(gameplay) and metroid(upgrades) - really similar to Ghouls N Ghosts (an old fave)

You can easily sink 30 hours into this game and not get bored. It has RPG, Platformer, and Shooter elements in it, that give it a ton of replayability.

(highly recommend getting a wired xbox controller for $25 or less retail if you don't have one - controller based PC games will become a norm soon if you enjoy random titles from steam)

I currently am in love with this game, I started playing it at 1am Friday and then randomly looked and it was light out... it is SO addicting... and I am constantly saying "okay just one more generation"
    http://i.imgur.com/vpwTfLE.png
    Come visit us at Hex Savvy for articles, strategy and community!

me too.. I already 'beat' 1 normal play through.... 125 children to do it
    I won't spoil anything though.

All I gotta say is I.B.S with penta jumps.

Baby Yeti
    thumbs up to this post. Rogue Legacy is a fantastic game. Challenging and rewarding. It also has a new game plus feature so you will have countless hours of game play.

I had 90 children on my first play through.. but this second one looks to be a little bit more challenging

Quote Originally Posted by Grubar View Post
    thumbs up to this post. Rogue Legacy is a fantastic game. Challenging and rewarding. It also has a new game plus feature so you will have countless hours of game play.
    new game plus is kind of a spoiler.. but yeah.. I wish I knew that before 'beating' the first version.. damn that is hard.

Baby Yeti
    wasn't trying to spoil.. I think it helps to know that you will get more out of the game. I was a little worried when I was near the end and I was missing a lot of upgrades/gear.

Think of it more like Diablo.. you get to a nightmare like difficulty.. harder monsters.. better loot.

glad to hear you guys like it. i was really considering buying this and now i surely will.

I'm either going to buy Rogue Legacy or Dust Elysian Tail. But I'm holding out for steam summer sale, it's a long shot that these two games will be on sales... but Steam has surprised me many times before.

Steam summer sale! That's like the highlight of my summer. I admit though I bought so much on the GOG summer sale I probably have enough games to play until sometime in 2017.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________
    All my life, I always wanted to be somebody. Now I see that I should have been more specific.

I wonder how many new game+ are there, was watching a stream and he complete new game +3 and guess what?

It's new game +4 now!