Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

STAFF CALL: StarCityGames.com Core Circuit!

Good afternoon all,

As some of you may have heard from NACC, StarCityGames.com is proud to present the WoW TCG Core Circuit at our Open Series events, starting with Baltimore on August 25th. These are Sunday-only events, and...you guessed it, we're looking for judges!

We have one judge position available for each event. You *must* be at least an Expert (Level 2) Judge to apply. If you also happen to be DCI certified, and are interested in judging the Opens, let me know, and we can see about getting you on staff for the entire weekend.

Regretfully, travel sponsorships are not available for these events.

Dates and locations:

Baltimore - August 25th
    Cincinnati - September 1st
    Philadelphia - September 8th
    Atlanta - September 15th
    Worcester - September 29th
    Cleveland - October 6th
    Milwaukee - October 13th
    Seattle - October 20th
    Indianapolis - October 27th
    Los Angeles - November 3rd
    Dallas/Fort Worth - November 10th
    Providence - November 24th
    Oakland - December 8th
    Las Vegas - December 15th

Compensation

Core Circuit judges have the option of working all of Sunday, helping out with the Legacy Open (or whatever format Sunday happens to be), or working only the Core Circuit event. You do not need to be a certified Magic judge to work the Magic event, but you do need to be familiar with tournament procedures--posting pairings, distributing match result slips, performing deck checks.

Judges working the full day will receive two compensation unites (CUs). Judges working just the Core Circuit event will receive one CU. Each CU is your choice of $76 or $95 in SCG credit. If you choose to take dollars, it will be issued in the form of a check mailed after the event. Additionally, Core Circuit judges will receive a Baby Murloc playmat.

The call time if you want to work all day is 8:30 AM, and you will be released when the last Swiss round of the Magic event is complete. If you're just working the Core Circuit, your call time is 11:30 AM, and you will be released when it's finished.

If you're interested, please email me at jennifer.dery@starcitygames.com with the following information:

Name
    Events you're willing to judge
    Summary of judging experience (both WoW and M:tG)

And, if you can't judge, I hope to see you playing!
    Last edited by demonfae; 07-30-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    Jennifer Dery
    @Legenndery

Sensei of the Wounded Petal
    If I get L2 before Vegas, definitely!

Master Theorycrafter
    Applied.
    Champion of the Black Flame CZEV #451
    Touchweiners!!!!!!

Well, prolly won't be able to judge anything even if I took my L2 before one of them, but I'm going to try getting up to the Seattle tourney for sure. PS, living in Boise sucks when it comes to locations. ;-)
    -Zhazhou
    Judge Level: Uncommon

"I've been trying to remember things, CLEARLY remember things, from my past, but the more I try to think back, the more it all starts to unravel. None of it seems real. It's like I've just been dreaming this life, and when I finally wake up, I'll be somebody else. Somebody totally different!"

No need for scorekeepers or other volunteers?
    Level 1 Judge
    Champion Of The Black Flame #66
    Team We Totally Fail

Quote Originally Posted by SUMO View Post
    No need for scorekeepers or other volunteers?
    Not for these events If you're interested in demoing, you may want to contact the Warcraft Gaming Center folks, as they'll be doing quite a bit of that and might not mind the help.
    Jennifer Dery
    @Legenndery

The first post has been updated with some important compensation information. Take a look!
    Jennifer Dery
    @Legenndery

Hhmmm to go to Vegas for a third time this year... so tempting. ^_^ I actually want to play but unfortunately the Seattle one is going on while I'll be at Disneyland with the Family. If only the dates for the LA and Seattle were swapped. LOL!
    Champion of the Black Flame
    CZEV #14

Portland, OR

I just emailed you! i also postd earlier on here about the hardship of getting lvl 2 without any locals running events in stores besides me. hope to hear back and either way ill be in cinci!

My email is TehXXXX by the way and i also wanted to add i only mentioned Cincinnati on it but am willing to also work Indy and possibly Cleveland!
    Last edited by TehSLAYER; 08-28-2013 at 09:26 AM.