Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Add Sub-Gifting into Exclusives

Add Sub-Gifting into Exclusives

We need a Suggestions forum.

In Pokemon, exclusives are distributed by a "Wonder Card". It's basically a save slot for promotional items specifically. You go to GameStop, connect to the DS Hotspot, download your Mystery Gift, bam; crazy pokemans. So I was checking out the technical notes on them (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Wonder_Card) and noticed a new feature that wasn't there back when I played pokemon:

"Some Wonder Cards for games may also be sent to other players, enabling a player with an event to distribute the card for the event to players that do not yet have it."

I view changes usually being invested in for solving a problem. Possibly the problem was parents writing in to Nintendo about crying children who missed out on a pokemon. But anyways, the input of that new idea got my brain rolling in that direction.

Would this be cool for both sides of exlusives-wanters and exclusives-haters:

1) CZE distributes Event Item at Event Location to Event Visitors
    2) Event Visitor adds Event Item to their account
    3) Event Gifting is enabled for Event Visitor
    4) Event Visitor gives Event Gifts to Users on Friends List
    5) Users on Friends List add Referral Codes to Accounts
    6) Users on Friends List get Event Items
    7) Event Visitor's Event Item recieves a small boost per activation of Event Gift

This would allow everyone to potentially recieve the item (reducing or eliminating complaints), and the people who attend the event would have some reward which is more unique to them than others to mark the occasion (and make them The Popular Kid for a while). It would change 'exclusives' from a boolean of have/have-not into a spectrum of have/have-better/have-best.

Hero of Adamanth
    Well I am a fan of pokemon... but this seems suspiciously like communism. What a conundrum!

Oh! Nonono! Because people only share with their friends! So it's more like a Masonic Lodge!

The Transcended
    Interesting concept. I'll say that I tentatively support it, but have not thought it through.

Hero of Adamanth
    I like the masons. Im in.

Sorry, no from me.

I want things in this game to have value. This kills that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stok3d View Post
    I want things in this game to have value. This kills that.
    If they're giving away something that is non-tradable, such as Mercenaries, then their rarity has no effect on value.

I like this idea. My only concern is people using this to "sell" copies of the card, which I imagine CZE would be against.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilgm View Post
    My only concern is people using this to "sell" copies of the card, which I imagine CZE would be against.
    Actually, Cory has already said he expects merc sales.

I keep finding myself caught up in this argument and I think I change my mind each time!

I like the possibility of still being able to get hold of cards which were event exclusives, but these cards seem to be the main ones which keep their value for the longest. I'm a collector at heart, but it doesn't mean I haven't sold the occasional card to fund another few booster packs (or boxes!). My main worry is that anything which lowers the exclusivity of a card will ultimately make the game cost more.

On the other hand, living in England makes it extremely expensive for me to go to most events as they all seem to be at least an airplane ride away! I think on this occasion I'm going to have to disagree with anything that dilutes the 'collectible' side of things.