Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fun Promo Distribution Ideas

OK, going to drop a few random ideas in here, just for the hell of it.

Wishing cards

Have some form of mass wishing, during a limited time event each month or so. It could be a wishing well, it could be a shooting star. The players are given some options to choose from (let's make them ambigious, like 'world peace' and 'infinite power') and whichever wish had the most support would be used as a promo (so maybe 'world peace' is a card with damage prevention, or a healing effect).

The actual distribution is not that important, as long as it is a community driven event with mystery prizes. I think the fair way would be to award everyone the promo, or hold tournaments or have some way to earn it - or just let everyone who made a wish receive one (or a playset, depending on how generous people are.)

And I have to say, I think a wishing well could be a good gold/card sink.

Faction wars

Have a few days in the month where people get points for their 'faction' (based on the champion they used, and you only earn points if you win versus a champion of the other faction) and everyone who participated would get a card based on the faction with the most points. (To be perfectly clear, no-one would actually miss out, the only thing that would change is which card you got. If the ardent had the most points, everyone would recieve an ardent card, and vice versa.)

Gold rush

A fun PvE event where every now and then a location in the game would start randomly rewarding the promo in the loot list (limit one per customer perhaps?) Maybe even make the card different per location, so if the same location is hit with a new 'gold rush' you could try to get a card you missed.

This is about it for now, will try to think of other interesting things.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Master Theorycrafter
    There is an achievements in the game Shadowrun that is somewhat like this. When the game first started, only the developers had the virus and as they were killed, other players could get the virus and unlock the achievement. This spread until pretty much everyone had it and even new players to the game years later could still get this by that same means.

I thought this was a really cool idea and could definitely get behind something like this being instituted into Hex for the promo cards.
    IGN: Punk
    Stream: twitch.tv/brody138

Sounds complicated and highly unnecessary.

I highly doubt he meant the teabagging portion, only the defeating an opponent portion.

I think teabagging in hex might just be impossible.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    I highly doubt he meant the teabagging portion, only the defeating an opponent portion.

I think teabagging in hex might just be impossible.
    haha, yeah, I was only meaning the structure how how it spreads through the community and not the exact actions you have to take.
    IGN: Punk
    Stream: twitch.tv/brody138

I wish these forums had a like button so I could +1 cool ideas like the ones in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Maphalux View Post
    I wish these forums had a like button so I could +1 cool ideas like the ones in this thread.
    +1
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps73c2483e.png
    www.hextuc.enjin.com
    Grand King Backer

another cool idea:
    an event promo that has two mechanics:
    1: generates a promo card every few matches or if you complete an objective during a game(like milling your opponent or even loosing at a certain time)
    2: changes ownership when you are defeated(you loose the card!)

the cards would float around the community and winning a match might net you one, and you would have to work to complete the objective immediately if you wanted to get the permanent card.
    i would have both the reward and the task be tradable, but reward cards would say who earned them.

as an example you could have something like:
    Task: Kill streak!
    after five wins this card creates the card Multi-kill!
    if you lose a match your opponent takes this card!
    (this card cannot be put in a deck)

Multi-Kill!
    (some cool promo spell that is well balanced and such.)
    Last edited by ShadowTycho; 07-09-2013 at 12:18 PM.
    http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/u...ps73c2483e.png
    www.hextuc.enjin.com
    Grand King Backer

I had a thought, if they can get the brick and mortar stores interested, they could award cards via WiFi (if anyone played pokemon, you should have an idea what I mean.) Maybe just for nice AA, and the event could be a way to bring new players in. (For anyone worried about the technical side, the event could be open for anyone who could log into their account on a WiFi activated device while at the store. I feel this should include laptops, smartphones and tablets. And nothing would stop you asking a fellow player present to log in on their device if you didn't have one.)

This could even be a way to start a card virus.