Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: #1 thing I'd like to see in the deck editing interface...

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by BossHoss View Post
    Here is your "Phantom Deckbuilder" proof...
    Bad resolution but it is a checkbox [ ] Show cards not owned
    Glad to see this is already a feature. Will be really useful, especially if they add some options to pull in cheapest AH prices or something. I think something like that in the deck editor would really help drive AH sales.

I also like the sort by piles idea. MTGO allows you to do it during draft deck building, right? Something like that could be a useful "View" option in the general Deck Builder.

I have a question about a Bid/Ask AH system though, since I've never used one. If the deck editor was going to display the current price, how is that chosen in a Bid/Ask system? In an AH it would just grab the lowest buyout. I'm assuming in B/A it would take the average of the X lowest Ask prices (if you put X of that card in your deck and had none of them). If there were none of that card available (I guess there would always be some available at a high enough price), it would just choose the highest Bid price as the value? Are all the current Bid/Ask prices supposed to be public knowledge?
    Last edited by EntropyBall; 07-18-2013 at 08:10 AM.

The Transcended
    Quote Originally Posted by EntropyBall View Post
    I have a question about a Bid/Ask AH system though, since I've never used one. If the deck editor was going to display the current price, how is that chosen in a Bid/Ask system? In an AH it would just grab the lowest buyout. I'm assuming in B/A it would take the average of the X lowest Ask prices (if you put X of that card in your deck and had none of them). If there were none of that card available (I guess there would always be some available at a high enough price), it would just choose the highest Bid price as the value? Are all the current Bid/Ask prices supposed to be public knowledge?
    Most obvious way would be to grab the lowest Ask.

I assume they will have it so you can sort your cards by color, card type, cost, rarity, and set like most other online tcgs. But I really hope they add other categories or ways to make custom categories. When I used to make Magic decks I would have my collection's actions sorted to counter spells, direct damage spells, removal spells, card draw spells, etc. And my collection's creatures sorted by race/type so you could see all the rabbits or whatever. Also as mentioned a way to separate useable cards from not useable cards, this could be done pretty easily with a 5 star card rating system and the ability to look at only X star plus cards.