Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen Con Rant

The herculean power of the whine eclipses everything else apparently... a sad day for us all.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

Having people able to play the game on a closed network/LAN before they release alpha isn't a very big deal IMO. It could be they don't have ability, yet, to have the game played online. The more people that play and test Hex before the rest of us get our hands on it, the better. The Kickstarter rewards should be more than enough "compensation" for having to wait a little longer.

+1 to Funktion. It seems like that guy really has his s--- together.

Quote Originally Posted by Stok3d View Post
    This Gencon Swag Bag just took a tremendous hit in exclusivity and value.
    So you were going to sell your swag. Its just like knew it was. The people who were in favour of the original plan were most likely already planning on going to Gen Con, getting the codes for the cards and profiting from it in some way. No wonder they're so bummed out at the change.

im not one to normally post much, but jeebus people, con exclusives have been part of every game ive ever seen, from shirts to free time or gold in world of tanks to promo cards for board games. Ive been to 3 PAX so far and you wouldn't believe how much those exclusive League of legends bonuses go for when I get back. I have friends clawing at my door hoping I managed to snag extra skins or swag or hell anything.

Exclusivity will always be a part of gaming.

I also love the fact that what they are offering are bonus cards for a portion of the game your not paying for. Your actually demanding MORE free stuff from crypto when your not paying anything for it! Would it be better for them to say screw it, no more freebies because of the whiners? Is that what will make the whiners happy? I can't have it so noone should?

Friggin hell i getting very jaded by the minority of VERY vocal whiners. Im even setting up a blacklist, a wonderful little list of I want nothing to do with you when instead of support this wonderful company all you do is WHINE! O_o

To the rest of the community, thank you all for the wonderful posts and conversations I've been seeing over the last few weeks. Some made me think, and some made me downright laugh my head off, I even woke my wife up laughing once .

Speaking of which, I am most definitely going to PAX Prime this year as well, I hope to meet some of you! I WILL be hovering around the Hex booth alot . Even willing to volunteer if you need help guys! (already helping host a 40k tourney that weekend wee!)

Can't wait to see you all in game!

(BTW im looking for a fun casual guild, im a pro backer and interested in both PVE and PVP, as well as deck testing and such (; )

(edited as I decided that the capital WHINE was better and less likely to get me in trouble than what I had there originally)

People who got exclusive things no one will ever be able to get again from the Kickstarter complaining about having the chance to get some exclusive things from an event without even having to go.

Oh the irony.....

Master Theorycrafter
    I totally support there existing ways for people to get exclusive stuff.
    CZE giving something exclusive is a great way to get people into the game, that have never even heard of it before seeing it in a convention.
    People unhappy they can't have every exclusive is mind boggling to me.
    All the major game companies offer thing exclusive only directly from them at conventions. It generates interest in their product, and is part of the draw of going to major conventions. Interest in hex, equals more players. Those people suddenly interested in the game, go home from the con, and tell more people about it.
    It's a great tool for the company to use.
    I mean, yeah, I wish they where going to be at the big conventions I go to (DragonCon and BGGcon) but, that's luck of the draw.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Patron-Officer
    keldrin@unnamed-council.com

Quote Originally Posted by elfstone View Post
    I also love the fact that what they are offering are bonus cards for a portion of the game your not paying for. Your actually demanding MORE free stuff from crypto when your not paying anything for it! Would it be better for them to say screw it, no more freebies because of the whiners? Is that what will make the whiners happy? I can't have it so noone should?

Friggin hell i getting very jaded by the minority of VERY vocal whiners. Im even setting up a blacklist, a wonderful little list of I want nothing to do with you when instead of support this wonderful company all you do is WHINE! O_o
    The "portion of the game no one is paying for" is a major reason why so many, including myself, made their KS pledge. I've always maintained that if they get the pve portion of the game right and deliver a fun and rewarding game, Hex could explode and become very much a Thing. Its the pve, not the pvp, that is going to draw in the masses. So, yeah, having a good pve experience is very important. Its not something we should just be grateful for and shut our damn mouths if we don't like it.

As for your "blacklist", I could care less if I'm on it (I am on it, right? Please say yes). I can pretty much get whatever I need within my guild because:

Set 1 Boosters // 12345 (well done on keeping this number awesome by mistake)
    Set 2 Boosters // 3157
    Set 3 Boosters // 1157
    Guaranteed Primal Boosters // 79
    Normal Starters // 337
    Dragon's Blood Starter // 78
    Free Drafts (one time use) // 261
    VIP Months // 237 (this comes out to another 8,532 booster packs @ 237*3*12
    1 of Each Crafting Component // 78 (Yes, that is 78 full sets of crafting materials)
    Bonus Legendary Equipment // 156 (lawdy)
    Exclusive Alternative Art (Collector) // 540
    Free Set 1 Boosters from Guild Leader // 3600 (jesus)
    Bonus Equipment // 800
    Free Draft per Week for Life // 67 (we are getting 3,484 free drafts a year) (suck it Producer level backers)
    GenCon 2013 Dinner with Hex Team // Yup (NO ONE CARES - but we are likely sending someone, LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL)
    Likeness In-Game (Vanity Card) // 1 (we can try to browbeat the person that got this to let us make a Hunter S Thompson or Jeff Goldblum card
    Every Non-Exclusive Card in Set 1 // 1 (same person as above, heh)

CARDS:
    Chest'O Hex // 219 (54 playsets)
    Princess Cory // 219 (54 playsets)
    Lady Cassandra // 219 (54 playsets)
    Void Marauder // 209 (52 playsets)
    Spectral Assassin // 209 (52 playsets)
    Prospero, Sylvan Enchanter // 207 (52 playsets)
    Orson's Dream // 207 (52 playsets)
    Crowd Roars // 207 (52 playsets)
    Scourge Knight // 203 (50 playsets)
    Moment of Glory // 203 (50 playsets)
    Ninja Training // 203 (50 playsets)
    The Wrath of Zakiir // 203 (50 playsets)
    Spectral Lotus Garden // 123 (123 per day / 44,895 per year)
    Replicator's Gambit // 209 (52 playsets)
    Princess Victoria // 207 (52 playsets)
    Extinction // 203 (50 playsets)
    Rage Fire // 203 (50 playsets)
    Pack Raptor // 201 (50 playsets)

Yeah, don't think I'll be needing anything from you.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusChristMD View Post
    People who got exclusive things no one will ever be able to get again from the Kickstarter complaining about having the chance to get some exclusive things from an event without even having to go.

Oh the irony.....
    Everybody had a chance to get in on the KS. If they didn't, too bad so sad. I missed out on getting a GK because I was too slow in making my pledge. Oh well. Sucks for me. The opportunity was there, though. And that was what I was asking for before. An equal opportunity. The change Cory made actually gives everyone the same opportunity to get the mercs.

Lesson I've learned from this thread: Apparently it's only whining when the people you disagree with do it.

Also:

Quote Originally Posted by elfstone View Post
    I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears, but nobody made an argument anything like this. Depending on drop rates, it might very well end up that without opening dozens or hundreds of packs, many of us might still not get all the exclusives for any given Con and I think most of us are ok with that. All most people who complained seemed to want was an opportunity to get those cards. It's not a matter of "If I can't have it, nobody should", it's "everybody should have an equal chance to get it".

Edit: Also, if you can dismiss one side's argument as "If I can't have it, nobody should", then the other side can be equally dismissed as "If people other than us can get it... well, nobody other than us should get it". It's also sad to see some of the more "prominent" members of the community (by which I mean people who post a lot, try to promote their Hex IRC or Youtube channels here, etc...) be some of the most rudely dismissive and insulting people involved in the discussion.
    Last edited by Velorath; 07-13-2013 at 04:51 AM.