Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen Con Rant

Unhappy Gen Con Rant

Honestly. . .I am a little disappointed, I understand making events exclusively for the time period of a convention. What I do not understand (particularly since this game has not been released yet) is allowing the public to play it in mass while the kickstarter people are waiting.

I know that Cory has stated it will be impossible to collect every single card/merc/sleeve/whatever. That is fine by me, even letting non kickstarter/slacker people play pre alpha is fine by me. However I do not think that it should be offered without a reasonable ability for the kickstarters to obtain the rewards and game time that the lucky few will be able to obtain. (yes i know privileged kickstarter thoughts and greed setting in) But to me it is like having a girlfriend who says "Next month and every month after that I am going to blow your mind if you know what i mean. . . but first i am going to sleep with this guy here. just once. . .you know. . .cuz i can."

I think the best option is to make the event live on the web for all slacker backer, kickstarter, and gen con participants to play and earn the achievements. Make it a $10-$20 entrance fee or whatever to gain more funding to make this game even more awesome. and let us try to win those darn rewards!

Still love the game, still love crypt, just a little frustrated with the policies because I do not feel included.

Letting some 32-64 people play on a local lan, attached to a local server is way different than web delivery to thousands of people. That's not just a switch they could flip. Heck, even delivering it online to 64 dedicated machines is very different. I'd love to be able to play during gencon from my house, but some things are just impossible to ask for.

*edit: Impossible to deliver, I suppose anything is possible to ask for.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Dude relax chances are gen con will be a small slice of the overall hex experience, something like PvP starterdeck v starterdeck. Honestly at this stage marketing and bringing in post-ks players is so important to the longterm success of hex. Your time, and ks rewards, will come and with it hopefully a large chunk of paying players who missed the kick starter.

I didn't actually think this was true until I read your post:

360_cover_0509.jpg
    I hate your big image banner signature, and blocked it with adblock.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Funsocks View Post
    I didn't actually think this was true until I read your post:

360_cover_0509.jpg

I don't think the OP will save us all.

Quote Originally Posted by grey0one View Post
    Anything is possible.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

This Gencon Swag Bag just took a tremendous hit in exclusivity and value. Now you're asking to take away the only single thing that truly gives an online incentive for going away from them? I believe the requests here are getting a bit too selfish in nature considering what has just been done today with the update.

Quote Originally Posted by grey0one View Post
    True. I guess I only believe in the first half then.
    I hate your big image banner signature, and blocked it with adblock.

It's just like any convention event. Those that actually go get rewarded for their time, energy, and money. And for those that didn't catch it everything that is available this year will be available at the 2014 one as well as new stuff.

So if I were you I would start saving up for next years trip to Gen Con. Ya, it's a downer that we all don't get to participate, but in 6 weeks give or take will all be in alpha and start getting our grubby hands on the game which is what we all want and we want it now, but we have to be patient.

As a side note it's not like said item will be account bound (unless I missed that saying somewhere) so you can plan to trade for the exclusives. Sure they will be at a premium, but the people that went there spent $300+(just made up a dollar amount) dollars more than likely so this is a recoup for them as well.

Hero of Adamanth
    Quote Originally Posted by Pech View Post
    It's just like any convention event. Those that actually go get rewarded for their time, energy, and money. And for those that didn't catch it everything that is available this year will be available at the 2014 one as well as new stuff.

So if I were you I would start saving up for next years trip to Gen Con. Ya, it's a downer that we all don't get to participate, but in 6 weeks give or take will all be in alpha and start getting our grubby hands on the game which is what we all want and we want it now, but we have to be patient.

As a side note it's not like said item will be account bound (unless I missed that saying somewhere) so you can plan to trade for the exclusives. Sure they will be at a premium, but the people that went there spent $300+(just made up a dollar amount) dollars more than likely so this is a recoup for them as well.
    Did you read the update today? The exclusive merc and AA card(s) will be available in the treasure chests in packs during the event (which I don't like as there's now an optimal time to open packs). The exclusives are account bound BTW , this was why people were so upset in large part. I wish they'd just made the merc and AA card tradeable.

Edit: Actually the exclusives you get at events are tradeable in that its a card with a code that you could sell, so its tradeable until used, when it becomes account bound. When the exclusives are opened in packs I assume they'll be automatically account bInd but have they actually stated this? Its possible, though it seems unlikely, that the exclusive in packs is also a code you can sell. I doubt it, but in that case what if you're lucky enough to get 2 of the same merc? I suppose once you have it its removed from the loot table.
    Last edited by Justinkp; 07-13-2013 at 01:08 AM.