Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who to see about getting a refund?

Who to see about getting a refund?

As someone who hates missing out on fun new ways to play a game, the announcement that it would be impossible to get all the mercenaries was a huge deal for me. The idea that I won't be able to experience the other side of my decisions by starting a new character also deviates strongly from what I expect in any type of rpg. As much as I wish these details had been mentioned during the kickstarter, they weren't. Upon voicing my concerns on the forums and in chat, the general consensus seems to be "deal with it" or that Hex is not the game for me. Apparently I'm in the minority. It seems like enough of the community is fine with the decisions made, so it's unlikely CZ is going to change their plans.

If I do decide to try and pursue a refund, who would I contact about doing so? I don't want to make more of a fuss about something that most people are apparently okay with, so if you don't have information regarding who to contact, please do not post.

EDIT: It has been brought to my attention that the way I worded this makes it seem like I'm trying to slander CZ. This was not my intent. I'm leaving the original post, but I would like to emphasize that I'm sure this game will be great for those looking for this type of experience. I personally feel that the new information on how the campaign/acquisition of mercenaries will work means this game will be much less enjoyable for myself. Apparently expressing that has angered quite a few people. I apologize. That is all.
    Last edited by CustomCombo; 07-13-2013 at 07:14 PM.

http://thegeekallstars.libsyn.com/ep...c-s-cory-jones
    31:30 is where he mentions why its impossible.
    49:20 is when he starts into the conversation about promotional items.
    This interview was at the end of May, plenty before KS ended. This was also discussed on this very forum back when this interview first happened.
    http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24469
    very first post mentions it being impossible

I just hate when people make up things to suit their needs especially when it paints a falsely negative impression on something I believe in (CZE and Hex)

As far as who to contact for a refund I have no idea.
    Last edited by Gorgol; 07-13-2013 at 05:08 PM.

If I am not mistaken there is a 'contact us' link, at the bottom of the main site for Hex.

I am sorry you have a problem with how they plan to do mercenaries, I hope you change your mind and continue to want to enjoy Hex.

I'm not sure if they do refunds on you deciding to support the creation of their game, you weren't buying a product actually. Good luck with that.

I'm curious about what you pledge tier is though. You might be able to sell it to some one in the community if it is one of the popular ones. Might be your best course of action at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by iscariotrex View Post
    I'm not sure if they do refunds on you deciding to support the creation of their game, you weren't buying a product actually. Good luck with that.

I'm curious about what you pledge tier is though. You might be able to sell it to some one in the community if it is one of the popular ones. Might be your best course of action at this point.
    Only that account selling is against the ToS, and if somehow cze finds out his account will be banned
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowelf View Post
    Only that account selling is against the ToS, and if somehow cze finds out his account will be banned
    Theres no account to sell, only the KS pledge which I believe is allowed.

Do you really need multiple threads to whinge?

Master Theorycrafter
    vanilla won't be like wow, it'll be short.

you'll have all sorts to see and do and the originals will fade quickly.

right now a ks person can seem like a tree in a field but when its all forest they'll just be a few oak, dwarfed by quicker, those more rich, and many lost in time.

do play hex with us.
    Last edited by keroko; 07-13-2013 at 06:37 PM.

You'd seriously demand a refund on a game you were excited about because of this? Seriously? You're being genuinely serious, and not just whining for attention for your imagined slight? Because I think that's more likely.
    I hate your big image banner signature, and blocked it with adblock.

This isn't a huge deal. It' just like those spoiled kids that their parents took them to the pokemon meetings and the kids got special pokemon. Go to the thing get exclusives. If you want those exclusives THAT bad go to the events.