Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Underworld And Females

Underworld And Females

As I read the lore I cannot help, but notice the lack diverse gender roles... In other world the Underworld could be consider misogynist.

Dwarves: are made of stone and are all male

Vennen: are all born from Xentoth and are all male

Shin'hare: the only race that actually reproduce. in this case the female are either cannon fodder or concubunny.

Necrotic: technically there are some females, but does gender really apply? Necrotic are just reanimated corpses with an alien intelligence. Once a body decomposes the Necrotic can just find a new body regardless of gender with little regard.

After looking at these facts I conclude that the Underworld is a Sausage Fest. Does anyone think that the Underworld needs more females in a more diverse role?

To be fair, the Shin'hare see everyone as cannon fodder.

I am not sure how you can give a more diverse role.

For the Shin'hare, the females are the same as males unless they are chosen to be Concubunnies. The Concubunnies are only below the Exalted Emperor in status.

Dwarves are more of a gender-less race that appear to be males since they do not reproduce.

For the Vennen, Xentoth is the only female and she is a primal.

The Necrotic we don't really have enough information about their society. As far as we know the entities are gender-less but may assume the roles of the gender of the body they awoken in.

Master Theorycrafter
    didnt think about that until you mentioned it. I'd agree we've not seen as much art with females on it as have with males (to my recollection) so far, for the underworld races.

the whole amalgam thing with dwarves makes sense. it could be thought of as a desire to produce offspring of their own through machine fusion / artificial life. they don't have females and they intend to do something about it to a degree, well without the sex thing.

shin'hare DEFINATELY have females. They're what makes the whole operation possible, and they've got social structures to basically run an enormous eugenics program. Females are at the core of that. They also send out females to fight, just like the guys.

she looks pretty female, and not the kind you'd trifle with.

it is important to realize that entrath isnt earth.

I'd agree girls and women (and men) playing this game need to have and consider cards with female art on them subconsciously as valid as those with male art on them.

I don't think its an active issue, but everything the designers do is set to make us think, so I'd agree we need a touch of the fairer represented.

we're human right? I'd imagine the humans will rep us well.
    I'd also bet there's traitorous ardent or two, humans are corruptible.

we do need more folk of dark skin, they said that's coming. Mighty moor constituents of the human empire?

Who knows? female elves might really be a thing with the fans?
    Regardless, they should be powerful beings - not sexual objects.
    thats what the princess cory card is for.

how many cards with a humanoid pictured in the art have we seen so far? still a lot of room.
    Last edited by keroko; 07-26-2013 at 07:51 PM.

Master Theorycrafter
    Entrath seems to take a more traditional Tolkien approach to evil as opposed to say, World of Warcraft's Azeroth.

Meaning, that the Underworld is made of evil, non-human races with mostly unrecognizable societies. The dwarves are insane pyros, the Vennen are insane sadists, the Shin'hare are insane rodents, and the Necrotic are aliens. It doesn't make sense to apply the female/male political correctness to them- they fall outside the realm of gender-based consideration. All the politically correct male/female stuff is for the Ardent.

Meanwhile, Azeroth is a more modern, cultural conflict type approach to opposing factions and thus you would want role-models of both sexes.
    Last edited by HyenaNipples; 07-26-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Also the underworld is evil, misogyny is evil... So the underworld is misogynistic. That's how logic works right?

*just to be clear that is not how logic works.

**Yes, I think there could be more gender diversity. What happened to the all female evil race? =(
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaer View Post
    Also the underworld is evil, misogyny is evil... So the underworld is misogynistic. That's how logic works right?

*just to be clear that is not how logic works.

**Yes, I think there could be more gender diversity. What happened to the all female evil race? =(
    Like the evil race of mermaids trying to take over the seas of Entrath?

Quote Originally Posted by Armies View Post
    Like the evil race of mermaids trying to take over the seas of Entrath?
    That sounds pretty amazing, especially since there are evil mermaids in another card game called berserk... It's russian, there's a lot of *good quality art in that game.

*pronounced in this instance as nudity.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Vennen are just driders from D&D, which I think were also all male right?

The rabbits are a bit unusual in that being a concubunny is an honor...though we should ideally have female bunnies in other roles as time goes on.

Dwarves could have females.

Necrotic do have females. This one is definitely not a sausagefest race.

The issue with the Necrotic is that female/male does not really matter since it is an alien conscious that moves from body to body. Without more information on the culture it is reasonable that gender does not exist in Necrotic culture except for clothing, which could be more practicality then fashion.

For the Shin'hare, I wonder what happens if a female survives being cannon fodder long enough, but is not good enough to be a concubunny?

Having female Vennen would have been cool. They could be brood mothers that could produce drones or control giant spiders. Just think of what a Vennen Arachne would look like.
    Last edited by FrySea2011; 07-27-2013 at 05:59 AM.