Thread: [ARTICLE - Hex Vault] Digital Dilemma: Lack of a Physical Location (by funktion)

[ARTICLE - Hex Vault] Digital Dilemma: Lack of a Physical Location (by funktion)

Please join me in welcoming funktion as the newest contributor to Hex Vault!

funktion's first article focuses on the potential challenges Hex might face in not having a traditional physical presence in the market.

You can check out the whole article at: http://www.thehexvault.com/blog/2013...ical-location/

Lot's of exciting GenCon-related content coming in the next week: interviews, news from the Con, playtesting updates, etc. Stay tuned!
    Hex: Shards of Fate KS || Producer

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
    "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
    "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."

Good article Funktion. It should be interesting to see where Hex will go and how it will interact with the physical world. If only I could see five or ten years into the future...

Good article, but I can't help but wonder how many TCG players actually had regular access to a store they could go to in order to actually play MtG or whatever. There wasn't a comic/game store at all in the town where I grew up, and there isn't one in the city where I live now either (there was a comic shop that closed down around 10 years ago, but they didn't host games or anything.) Maybe I'm massively in the minority here, but I certainly won't miss physically spaces for a TCG, because I never had them in the first place.

@Icepick: guess I'm just spoiled living in California, but they are all over the place. I think to answer "I can't help but wonder how many TCG players actually had regular access to a store they could go to in order to actually play MtG or whatever" enough to make TCG's an actual genre and support such a massive player base : P

I really won't miss them all that much myself either, I just don't have the time to play at a shop anymore. They are a pretty big marketing tool though.
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!