Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HEX at PAX?

Infernal Professor

HEX at PAX?

PAX is unfortunately the same weekend as Dragoncon and on Friday's update we heard Cory, Ben & Chris will be at Dragoncon, but HEX will not be playable.

Looks like at least Kyle will be at PAX though, he'll be a panel speaker at "Digital Dealing: The Up and Coming World of Digital CCGs"... which unfortunately slotted up against my favorite annual panel "Penny Arcade Make-a-Strip!".

CZE always has a good presence at PAX, I always look forward to hanging out in their tourney room playing some WoWTCG (and the Penny-Arcade: Gamers vs. Evil tourney last year).

I'm hoping that the reason that HEX will not be playable at Dragoncon is because it will be playable at PAX

Anyway... one way or another it'd be nice to get some info on what is coming to PAX...

Id love to know as well, im volunteering to help demo some 40k games and/or helping run a 40k tourney, and would love to know what day(s) I should slot as my go have fun days

Infernal Professor
    Hopefully some news today

Or maybe they want to keep it a surprise for after GenCon... but since PAX is one of the biggest gaming conventions/festivals around AND it's coming up soon... i hope something cool is in store for it.

Looking at the exhibitors map, I do not see crypto.

Infernal Professor
    That is... extremely disappointing.

Skipping the largest gaming convention in the US, one that Cryptozoic has frequently come to in the past, while launching their most important project ever... odd business choice.

They're probably skipping it since it's so close to GenCon. The fact that they picked Gencon over PAX shows that their primary target is TCG players, not Gamers. It makes sense, Hex is more about being a TCG than being a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by the_artic_one View Post
    They're probably skipping it since it's so close to GenCon. The fact that they picked Gencon over PAX shows that their primary target is TCG players, not Gamers. It makes sense, Hex is more about being a TCG than being a video game.
    Probably the same reason they are not attending Gamescon in Germany (well, that and the task of attending would be difficult for them.) It would be a huge chance for them to get some international coverage, and it seems at first glance to be an odd decision, but they probably see it as being too difficult for the payout.

I do see less people who play TCG's attending Gamescon than the typical hardcore PC and console gamers, so I can see their point, but it would still give them a wider coverage if they attended.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

I guess time and money are the reasons why they aren't going to every convention. For example going to Gamescom would mean sending people overseas and with Gamescom lasting 5 days, having to fly, etc they would be gone for a week. With the game hopefully going alpha next month I don't think they would want to waste 3 weeks on going to conventions even with the wide coverage.

They'll probably attend PAX next year, once Hex has been officially released. Keep in mind that right now the community is mostly composed of Kickstarter or Slacker backers. It's going to grow exponentially after Hex opens to everybody.
    "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."

-Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by Vengus View Post
    I guess time and money are the reasons why they aren't going to every convention. For example going to Gamescom would mean sending people overseas and with Gamescom lasting 5 days, having to fly, etc they would be gone for a week. With the game hopefully going alpha next month I don't think they would want to waste 3 weeks on going to conventions even with the wide coverage.
    I fully understand, 5 days is brutal with the dev time lost. But they have barely any European exposure, and they have a huge potential playerbase here - I know from experience that playing MTG here can be a pain in the ass. (MTG can be substituted with almost any TCG in this example. Just trying to show they have the potential to gain a large base who are unhappy with the options they currently have.)
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png