Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: GenCon & Hex - Stories, Pics, and Video

Errantsquire, just watched the first one. Your son is awesome, say hi from all of us.

I do disagree on one major point though - you said eternal youth is a bad card, but in the right situation it could be a major gamechanger, and especially in draft, if you have enough of them (since you can play as many as you draft) you would see massive gains. You are right that it lacks something extra, but sometimes a card doesn't need anything extra. If you have a win condition, or some way to abuse the lifegain, you could set yourself up to win in many other ways.

Don't forget, every instance of the card gets doubled, so while your first is a pathetic 5 health (in general, sometimes it is the perfect buffer) it quickly ramps insanley. The second gains 10 health, the third gains 20, then 40, 80, 160.

It could be a liability, but it could be an insane combo piece when added with Ozawa. Who wouldn't love to go from 1 health to 41 health and use that Ozawa for the kill?

The rest of your summation was very well thought out and I can agree with though, only had an issue with you saying eternal life was bad, when it isn't terrible.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    Errantsquire, just watched the first one. Your son is awesome, say hi from all of us.

I do disagree on one major point though - you said eternal youth is a bad card, but in the right situation it could be a major gamechanger, and especially in draft, if you have enough of them (since you can play as many as you draft) you would see massive gains. You are right that it lacks something extra, but sometimes a card doesn't need anything extra. If you have a win condition, or some way to abuse the lifegain, you could set yourself up to win in many other ways.

Don't forget, every instance of the card gets doubled, so while your first is a pathetic 5 health (in general, sometimes it is the perfect buffer) it quickly ramps insanley. The second gains 10 health, the third gains 20, then 40, 80, 160.

It could be a liability, but it could be an insane combo piece when added with Ozawa. Who wouldn't love to go from 1 health to 41 health and use that Ozawa for the kill?

The rest of your summation was very well thought out and I can agree with though, only had an issue with you saying eternal life was bad, when it isn't terrible.
    Wait, the standard 4 card limit doesn't apply in Draft? I didn't know that.
    That said, since Eternal Youth is a rare it's unlikely you'll be getting more than one of them anyway - for exactly that reason, I suspect.

Master Theorycrafter
    I understand the tactical weakness of pure heal effects, but when you consider that- if you manage to cast 3 Eternal Youth, your opponent will be forced to kill you 3.75 times to win the game. How many cards will they have to expend doing that vs. you expending 3 cards?

Combine that with Extinction? I think you could have an interesting deck- depending on the rest of the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Icepick View Post
    Wait, the standard 4 card limit doesn't apply in Draft? I didn't know that.
    That said, since Eternal Youth is a rare it's unlikely you'll be getting more than one of them anyway - for exactly that reason, I suspect.
    Look at the keyword.. it shuffles back in your deck

So theoretically you could run an opponent out of cards using the Escalation mechanic while being relatively safe yourself.
    "A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men."

-Willy Wonka

Quote Originally Posted by Madican View Post
    So theoretically you could run an opponent out of cards using the Escalation mechanic while being relatively safe yourself.
    A few of us are useing MWS with spoiled cards atm and this can happen i had ozawa and soul marble up so he wasent targetable by direct spells like murder and i got him up to 1,117,004/1,117,004 needless to say doubling up can get outer hand he had no choice but to die from him self drawing cards

Master Theorycrafter
    How many exclusives were given out at GenCon?

Talking variety here .
    Apparently, I have attitude issues.

Quote Originally Posted by freudinio View Post
    How many exclusives were given out at GenCon?

Talking variety here .
    4. Gax, deck sleeves, alternate art card, Portensio.