Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearthstone vs Hex

Hearthstone vs Hex

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...thstone-or-Hex

Granted that thread is old, the current conversation seems to go like that. Either they have no idea what Hex is or will only play Hearthstone because it is Blizzard. Hearthstone is a super polished, super simple game. Will it have more appeal than a supposedly hardcore TCG? You betya.

It's up to you and me to change that. I know that every person I play on MWS I mention Hex to. Most haven't heard of it. With a few sentences I hopefully get them to check out a Youtube video, or Google it. Go to your card shops and tell everybody, let's get this opinion turned around and let's stoke the fires of hype in our friends!

Master Theorycrafter
    I'm not at all worried about Hearthstone. When the game releases with alpha and beta, and especially general release, word will spread very quickly about HEX I believe. But, yeah, I'm definitely telling anyone I think might be interested.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Patron-Officer
    keldrin@unnamed-council.com

Think you shoulda used a less sensational title for this thread...
    Visit Youtube: FunktionFails & Twitch: FunktionFails for hex based videos, articles and more.
    Find me on twitter @FunktionFails

Less fail, more funktion!

Devoted Emissary
    No it won't they're vastly different games. Hearthstone is an iPad style CCG. Hex is a fully featured TCG.

I will probably play both (of course I'll play hex after spending $500 on it). They do not compete for the same exclusive audience

Hex's only competitor is MTGO. If people have enough money to play that and do not care about the PvE stuff but would like a more developed and balanced (sorry, Hex will not be as balanced or well designed as MTG) PvP experience, they will play MTGO. If they want something a bit less expensive and want some of the PvE and character building action (both for me, I'll play MTG in person) then they will play Hex.

If they're moneybags, they're play both.

MTG in a sense is not even a competitor of Hex. If MTG did not get such an insane boost in popularity over the past 4 years or so there would be next to no demand for this game. They help eachother

Your claim, if I understand it right, is that people who weren't going to play Hex anyway are going to play Hearthstone 'cos it's Blizzard? And that's bad?
    I hate your big image banner signature, and blocked it with adblock.

Master Theorycrafter
    If anything, Hearthstone may serve as a gateway drug to Hex. All those people coming off World of Warcraft, trying out Hearthstone, getting bored with its simplicity- then they hear about a game like Hearthstone but more complex.... they find Hex TCG and inject it in-between their toes so no one at work finds out they are using.

Quote Originally Posted by funktion View Post
    Think you shoulda used a less sensational title for this thread...
    Do you not agree? The link I used was tied directly into my title. Then I went straight into my argument for why we should change this. Think you shoulda used a less pointless post in my thread...

Quote Originally Posted by HyenaNipples View Post
    If anything, Hearthstone may serve as a gateway drug to Hex.
    I completely agree with this. Heartstone will pull in the general audience and some of those new fans of TCG will move on to a more competitive and mature game in Hex. The issue with Hex is that it isn't out - so no one, besides those of us from the get go reading and watching everything, really knows how wonderful Hex can and will be until it is released.

If anything, Hearthstone may serve as a gateway drug to Hex. All those people coming off World of Warcraft, trying out Hearthstone, getting bored with its simplicity- then they hear about a game like Hearthstone but more complex.... they find Hex TCG and inject it in-between their toes so no one at work finds out they are using.
    This !

Hai! Concur as written.
    http://file3.guildlaunch.net/319924/...etonbanner.jpg
    Murder Inc. - Strong PvP / PvE - Professional Leadership
    www.hexmurderinc.com