Thread: Threshold Podcast Perhexing Puzzle #003 : Ruby, Diamond, Sapphire. America!

Threshold Podcast Perhexing Puzzle #003 : Ruby, Diamond, Sapphire. America!

http://www.thresholdpodcast.com/perh...phire-america/

Setup:

Blue fliers have been attacking you left and right. You managed to get rid of the smaller ones but the big hitters are now about to pummel you. Your opponent thinks he can win by just swinging with two giant forces because you have no cards in hand and nothing of value in your discard pile.

Goal:

You must survive his giant storm of Titans so that you can swing next turn for lethal damage.

Things to note:
    Hes declared attackers. There are 3 more phases before damage is dealt (according to Twitch feed and how Magic is played). Declare Attack Priority Window. Declare Defense. Declare Defense Priority Window. Then damage is assigned and dealt. During these priority windows you are allowed to perform any quick action abilities or cards.

Until alpha is released the puzzles will probably be fairly simple for the veterans. I'm hoping to use this time to 1) learn how to make puzzles 2) get everyone acquainted with how the game works 3) stall until more cards are released to make more complex puzzles.

Puzzle making is kind of hard.

Matt

I'm a little confused here. At the point in the puzzle, it's the opponents turn and they have declared attackers, so we now have to declare blockers, is that right? Presumably it then goes up to our next turn after combat (assuming we survive), so what card do we draw?

Master Theorycrafter
    Supposedly, that doesn't matter because you can just swing for the win.

You're just figuring out how you need to block to survive to attack next turn and win. The card you draw will be irrelevant.

Nice puzzle, thanks for posting these. Just mailed my answer. (Also I agree with the comment about puzzle #2 on your site :P )

Hex Price - For all your price information!

Hex Rock League - Join the free to play Hex Rock League now!

Hmm, pretty sure I have a solution then. Tricky puzzle!

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlandishMatt View Post
    Puzzle making is kind of hard.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by HyenaNipples View Post
    This.
    Once we have a larger card pool and alpha access I feel it will be much easier.