Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Troll accusations

Banned

Troll accusations

There's way too many accusations of troll being thrown around when one person doesn't agree with another. If you think someone is a troll, report it to a mod and let them deal with it, but accusing someone in the thread is bad form and pointless. Trolling behavior speaks for itself.

The first thread I heavily participated in I was accused of being a troll and it really bothered me. This was after the mudslinger had told me I couldn't post in his thread if I didn't agree with the thread's premise (the premise was the entire problem, as far as I was concerned).

I'm yet to see someone accused of being a troll actually engaging in trolling, in my opinion. Ad hominem arguments have no place here.

I really don't get why people are getting so bent over issues that we won't be able to judge until we're well into beta. Maybe some are just getting stir crazy, waiting for alpha to start. They seem to have a fear, though, that CZE will jump on a poorly thought out suggestion and implement it willy nilly. Believe me, that's not going to happen. Most of these issues are already worked out by CZE and they will be what they will be.

Stop trollin' bro.

I've backed way off of my forum participation because of reasons. Mostly those reasons boil down to not having much to talk about. I'm certain that a lot of these problems will be resolved once alpha hits. Including the stir crazy aspect, and the needless arguing over nothing for lack of anything else to really talk about.
    Last edited by Gwaer; 08-28-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

Master Theorycrafter
    Slightly off topic: Why not ball up all those opinions and combine them into editorials? I'm sure many of the fansites would be interested in more authors, and that will get your feet out of the dubious muck that is a public forum.

For example, I would be happy to publish your finished pieces on Hex Shuffle. I'll even be your editor. Just hit my email if you're interested.

I think the word "troll" is just being use loosely. It could mean different things to different people, ranging from "are you kidding me?", "I can't see the points of your argument" to "STOP BEING AN IDIOT". Just take it with a pinch of salt. It is the internet after all.

I do feel that it is increasingly frustrating and difficult to start or join in on an existing topic recently.
    There are that same few users who just seems to be disagreeing to everything. (skim through recent topics. If there is no one that fits the description then maybe I'm wrong.) While some of their arguments made sense, most of them made me wonder if they are just plainly reading without any comprehension.
    Disagreeing is not a bad thing. But it just seems like they don't really care about the topic as much as they care about proving that they aren't ignorant of what's going on. (Superiority complex)
    Personally, I cannot be bothered with "trolls". Ideas are meant for CZE afterall. Just express them in a constructive and concise manner and hope they agree and implement.

@HyenaNipples: I've had the same idea too. Basically a weekly sum-up of popular( 5< pages) topics discussed in the forum. I would prefer podcast over editorial though. The voice element would make the delivery of heated topics more concise. Maybe Threshold would like to consider doing something like this.
    Last edited by Prodygi; 08-28-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Prodygi View Post
    I think the word "troll" is just being use loosely. It could mean different things to different people, ranging from "are you kidding me?", "I can't see the points of your argument" to "STOP BEING AN IDIOT". Just take it with a pinch of salt. It is the internet after all.

I do feel that it is increasingly frustrating and difficult to start or join in on an existing topic recently.
    There are that same few users who just seems to be disagreeing to everything. (skim through recent topics. If there is no one that fits the description then maybe I'm wrong.) While some of their arguments made sense, most of them made me wonder if they are just plainly reading without any comprehension.
    Disagreeing is not a bad thing. But it just seems like they don't really care about the topic as much as they care about proving that they aren't ignorant of what's going on. (Superiority complex)
    I completely agree.
    And don't forget the people that agree about everything.
    Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    Patron-Officer
    keldrin@unnamed-council.com

This doesn't need to be a thread. If you have an issue with someone calling you names, contact a Mod, or contact CZE. Or, better yet, grow a thicker skin and realize this is the Internet.

Banned
    That's not the issue at all. It's a question of what kind of environment we want the forums to be. Reading comprehension is tech.

As far as whether this needs to be a thread. Who cares? Need isn't stopping all the other pointless posts and threads around here. I could as easily say you don't need to post given the content of your statements.
    Last edited by Xtopher; 08-28-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Veteran Gladiator
    My rule of thumb is if someone is responding in blocks of text to nearly every post, skip the thread. They just want attention or else they'd make their point and let everyone else take the debate up for them.

No I agree with some topics and disagree on others. Perhaps though I should stop using my tablet it is horrid for checking grammar since I can't see everything at once. Also the one post I wrote saying I thought individuals who were defending the right to waste exorbitant amounts of others time was really directed at the one individual who was trying to derail the topic and I am sorry to anyone I might have offended.
    I tend to disagree because I don't feel that people actually look at things from a company standpoint and only from a whatis best for me point of view.... But then perhaps you weren't referring to me. But I'm sure nica if the read this s would think you were so I thought I'd apologize for being harsh I do tend to believe what I'm saying though.

Banned
    I wasn't referring to you or anyone specifically. It's going on all over the place. Off the top of my head I can't recall who was throwing the 'troll' word around in that specific thread.

I wondered what was up with your post quality. Sometimes everything is correct, other times there's a lot of misspellings. The tablet explains it. I have the same problem.

I have no problem with arguing what you believe. I do the same. When I see/read fallacies, though (like ad hominem), it basically makes the post entirely valueless to me and a complete waste of time to read.