Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What will people use as Shard abbreviations?

Master Theorycrafter

What will people use as Shard abbreviations?

I've seen people toss around a few different systems, and I'm sure that Hex will have some abbreviations in the client somewhere that become the standard, but I figured it'd be interesting to talk about in the meantime. Or perhaps there is already some gameplay footage of the deck manager that shows what abbreviations are being used?

What will be the standard shortcuts for the shards? Will people just carry over MTG terms and call them RBGUW (Red Black Green Blue White), will they be based on the shard name and go RBWSD (Ruby Blood Wild Sapphire Diamond), or will they use the colors of Hex and go RPGBW (Red Purple Green Blue White). Personally, I'm hoping for the last one since I think it will be more natural for non-MTG players while still being a smaller deviation from MTG terms.

Ragefire, Zombie plague, Succulent Wild-Root Dancersaur, Dingler, Soul marble.

RZSDM will obviously become the default notation.
    ----
    http://i.imgur.com/I1MZpF8.png
    HexEnt is too long to type, They're HXE now.
    I am currently trading my unused GK code for a new Tesla Model S P85D
    Feel free to contact me for where you can have it shipped.

I'd imagine going with the actual shard names. B(lood), W(ild), R(uby), S(apphire), D(iamond). Combined, you get some form of BWRSD.

Quote Originally Posted by jaxsonbatemanhex View Post
    I'd imagine going with the actual shard names. B(lood), W(ild), R(uby), S(apphire), D(iamond). Combined, you get some form of BWRSD.
    This will be the most reasonable choice and it's also a good thing that those abbreviations don't coincide between themselves just like mtg's do (black and blue, so you had to use b for black and u for blue )
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

I've been using BDWRS (Blood, Diamond, Wild, Red, Sapphire).
    I can see people using BGPRW (Blue, Green, Purple, Red, White).

Baby Yeti
    We could just use WUBRG..... White(Diamond), Blue (Sapphire), Black (Blood), Red (Ruby), Green (Wild). Even the MtG flavors of each color would fit nicely. ^.^

Okay, most likely we'll use BDWRS.
    (Hm, what would be a good mnemonic for that? "Beat down white rabbits, sir!")

Quote Originally Posted by Cazychel View Post
    We could just use WUBRG..... White(Diamond), Blue (Sapphire), Black (Blood), Red (Ruby), Green (Wild). Even the MtG flavors of each color would fit nicely. ^.^

Okay, most likely we'll use BDWRS.
    (Hm, what would be a good mnemonic for that? "Beat down white rabbits, sir!")
    OR...

Corey Will Back Subscribers Random Demands

As much as I like that this game is similar to Magic (and it's one of the main reasons I kickstarted), I personally think it'd be good to deviate from Magic and go the BDWRS route. Y'know, for Hex's own individuality. Plus I'm pretty sure no Hex dev has actually called the shard by color, so it'd be a completely community derived thing if we went that route.

Master Theorycrafter
    BWRDS (so you can say B Words) is what I use. Maybe "Baked With Rodney Dangerfield Son" if you need a mnemonic.
    Hi, my name is Malicus and my will to resist Hex is weak.

I see Double D breastesses...

W D BRS
    __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
    - Dinner & Drafts