Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thank you Darth and Lex for your replies. It's too bad Cryptozoic is behind on their promotion with Felix Faust, and apparently all to do with the new Heroes United. I was over at a friend's house yesterday and several of us were playing DCDB and having a really good time with it. I should like to have had the expansion, as there were more than 5 people that wanted to play.

Is there anyone at Cryptozoic that might be able to pop in here with any sort of update about Felix and/or the who HU Expansion? Perhaps exact dates won't/can't be provided, but maybe you could say if you're still working on these, are we "close" (weeks) or still "far" (months) away? Will there be an alternate way to get the Felix card?

Thanks, from an eager customer ("Here, take my money!").

Cryptozoic Employee
    In order to receive an event kit, a store must contact Alliance Game Distributors in the US or their authorized distributor in Canada to pre-order a kit. We had an incredible response to the kits and sold out almost immediately. We are working hard on creating more kits and will have them available to distributors as soon as possible.

Creating an event on our website is a great way for players to find out about events in their area but does not automatically register the store for an event kit. The store must call their distributor to order the kits. Thank you for your interest in these events!

How long until more kits are available?
    Last edited by LexLuthorJr; 11-13-2013 at 02:55 PM.

I must say I'm rather disappointed in how the game days with the Felix Faust promos were handled. In reading the article, it seems implied that if a store was signed up for the DC Deck Building event, it would have the promo kit available. It seems like a huge miscommunication on Cryptozoic's part to then say that the event coordinators had to then order the kit on top of that.

My friends all paid $5 to enter into the tournament and we ended up walking away with nothing.

I'm curious as to how many kits were made for the event. I did several searches back when the events were announced, and there were only about seven or eight events in all of Ohio. I also wonder why none of the Felix Faust promos has popped up on eBay. If all these kits were distributed to all these stores, surely a few of them would have made it to eBay by now.

There are some upcoming game days in the Minneapolis area me and some friends were hoping to go to, but if its like what you say, we might not even go. Getting the Felix Faust promo and possibly a mat are the big incentives for us.

Quote Originally Posted by billyr View Post
    Matt mentioned that a promo starfire card would be given out with a preorder of the expansion from the site. The promo martian manhunter would also be given out in addition to the starfire card upon request. Maybe the felix faust card could be given as well, or perhaps pick two of the three cards. I already have manhunter so i would take the other two.
    Two questions.

1) Where is that stated? Link?
    2) If this turns out to be true, where do we preorder? Check the store and couldn't find a preorder page.

Just got the base game today and the prices for MMH on eBay are stupidly expensive for a single card. Would gradly preorder the expansion from Cryptozoic today if there is confirmation it comes with all three promos by request.

Quote Originally Posted by DimeDrl View Post
    1) Where is that stated? Link?
    2) If this turns out to be true, where do we preorder? Check the store and couldn't find a preorder page.

Just got the base game today and the prices for MMH on eBay are stupidly expensive for a single card. Would gradly preorder the expansion from Cryptozoic today if there is confirmation it comes with all three promos by request.
    Hiya DimeDrl,

1) I've seen Matt Hyra, Cryptozoic R&D, has made a couple of posts on the topic, there's one in this thread, the first link I found:
    http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1024307/preorder

2) And in this thread, Matt talks about preordering, finishing with "Preorders from the Cryptozoic site will be coming soon. Maybe even December..."
    http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1081...yptozoic-store

I got impatient and found MMH on eBay for what I thought of as "reasonably expensive" And I can tell you he's a very powerful Hero to play. I hope you get yours!

Now I just got to figure out a way to get Felix Faust. lol

Thank you, bclemins. I know where I'll be getting my copy of HU now. ^_^

Has anyone received a Felix Faust card?

Quote Originally Posted by Toshirauma View Post
    ...We had an incredible response to the kits and sold out almost immediately. We are working hard on creating more kits and will have them available to distributors as soon as possible...
    Is there any update on this?

My local store received the Felix Faust promo card this week and awarded them out at a tournament. This does, however, lead to a question that arose after we added it to the super villain stack: what happens if people have less/more cards than normal when the first appearance attack happens? The specific incident occurred when a player managed a Suicide Squad forced discard to all opponents, bought the super villain, then Felix Faust turned up as the next super villain. However, I can easily see this happening with Bane, or other cards. In the reverse, players could have 6+ cards in hand due to playing as Wonder Woman, or defending and drawing additional cards. We resolved this after a fair bit of debate that it should be treated like we would Brainiac - if you don't contribute cards, you don't get any cards. A ruling from the developers would be appreciated.