Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: P2p launcher

Question P2p launcher

Hello I have question about launcher will it download game via p2p?

Probably! It's a good way to save bandwidth.

There's no official information on the launcher to know.

Honestly it will probably be Direct for alpha, but i hope it's going to be both and you can select which one to use.

Quote Originally Posted by mudkip View Post
    Probably! It's a good way to save bandwidth.
    Wouldn't you use more bandwidth with P2P file transfer than HTTP/FTP? Since with P2P, you're also uploading to people simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    Wouldn't you use more bandwidth with P2P file transfer than HTTP/FTP? Since with P2P, you're also uploading to people simultaneously.
    Actually if they made their client fully P2P enabled they would only need 1 minimal server to seed, then you use anyone who downloads the game as seeds as you usually cant uninstall a game launcher. Basically you get more overall bandwidth for far less money by stealing peoples connections. Or maybe i didnt understand your question? A single user would use more bandwidth yes, but the company could save quite a bit of money on bandwidth themselves.

Ok thank you :-)

I hope too that there will be some kind of option to choose which one you want to use. Because I live at dorms and p2p is banned

Quote Originally Posted by Truhls View Post
    Actually if they made their client fully P2P enabled they would only need 1 minimal server to seed, then you use anyone who downloads the game as seeds as you usually cant uninstall a game launcher. Basically you get more overall bandwidth for far less money by stealing peoples connections.
    Oh! We're thinking about different things.

I had meant for the users-- that they would be the ones who would use more bandwidth if it was P2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    Oh! We're thinking about different things.

I had meant for the users-- that they would be the ones who would use more bandwidth if it was P2P.
    Yeah i updated my post with that lol. But yes they would indeed use more bandwidth but it's usually so minimal and in the background to the point almost no one would notice. The only people it would really matter for is the people in say Australia who usually have capped connections. But who cares about them :P

I read it as pay 2 play -.-

I'm fine for p2p launcher so long as I can throttle speeds or can disable it. I would be ok with a p2p client so long as I could turn the p2p part off.
    I see your big guild sig image and raise you an Adblock!
    Quote Originally Posted by jetah View Post
    I've seen enough hentai to know where thats going.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory_Jones View Post
    Hahahahahhahaha
    Fair enough

HEX Support: support.hextcg.com

Time Bug
    Some form of peer-to-peer launcher is almost standard practice for free-to-play MMO's, especially those developed outside the US. Not sure what that means for HEX, but it would certainly be a possibility.
    Every gamer has an opinion. Check mine out at:

http://mmovagabond.blogspot.com