Thread: Hex Drafting Tips!

Hex Drafting Tips!

Hey everyone! RandomWitness here and got another Pre-Alpha video out for drafting in Hex. I remember seeing somewhere that the draft format will be up and running in Alpha so decided to put together a small video highlighting some tips and tactics to use for those new to the format. Hope you all enjoy, any and all feedback is much appreciated, and looking forward to seeing you guys online in 5 days!! (hopefully)

King Tier Backer - Can't Wait!

Check out my YouTube Channel for fun gaming videos and if you enjoy watching someone being bad at video games!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85xOjNQu0_InOVWuUjYTmA

Interesting video. It's cool seeing the reasoning behind peoples draft picks, though I think personally you made a lot of odd choices in there - hate drafting off-shard cards instead of taking Counterspells (more than once) for example.
    Good stuff though!

Quote Originally Posted by Icepick View Post
    Interesting video. It's cool seeing the reasoning behind peoples draft picks, though I think personally you made a lot of odd choices in there - hate drafting off-shard cards instead of taking Counterspells (more than once) for example.
    Good stuff though!
    I guess I didn't state why I didn't pick up the counterspells lol. They didn't fit too well into the more aggressive deck I was going for, I'd rather be playing out my own threat on turn 3 instead of sitting on resources and waiting to see what my opponent was going to play. They also have a 2 sapphire threshold which would have been a little tight on my threshold count in the deck as well, I was going heavier blood.

That being said there were A LOT of duplicate cards being passed around, I'd imagine it is because that draft sim is just plugging random cards into packs instead of simulated print runs (a discussion that has been thrown up on the general forum before). Come Alpha drafts I'm sure you'd see less of that, normally you aren't so lucky to see a Counterspell in every single pack you are passing lol.
    King Tier Backer - Can't Wait!

Check out my YouTube Channel for fun gaming videos and if you enjoy watching someone being bad at video games!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC85xOjNQu0_InOVWuUjYTmA