Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What about the rest of the people?

Quote Originally Posted by praesidium View Post
    but no, 0 news about it, or did i miss anything?
    You missed something: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27943
    They are posting alpha info right where they said it would be. They were having some issues already. Also, it's been available for less than 24 hours... few people have finished downloading and made it in game and most of us are probably at work right now so they haven't hit load at all yet. Unfortunately, the leaked client and all the people trying to download it slowed down everyone trying to actually get in game, so they didn't really get a chance to get any info in terms of in-game load yet so I doubt they can even consider letting new people in yet.

they said EVERY BACKER within 4 or 5 days , not second wave, second wave they said second day. they
    did said maybe tho... but still...

I just wanna know if the servers are dying and when they're expecting to let more people in.
    Where exactly did they say that? They never gave any specific times as to when people would get in. There was a lot of speculation, but no real timeline from Crypto.

GK checking in, I'm still patching since I had to work all morning. And the 4-5 days I keep seeing mentioned, that was a BEST CASE SCENARIO. They even said that they are HOPING for that timeline. Obviously that isn't the case since they had to put off the release a day, and most GK+ couldn't get in until today. So assuming there are few server issues, start your 5day countdown now. That is assuming there are NO major issues that they have to deal with. Each one that pops up, add a day between waves. Be practical, not greedy.

they said EVERY BACKER within 4 or 5 days , not second wave, second wave they said second day. they
    did said maybe tho... but still...

I just wanna know if the servers are dying and when they're expecting to let more people in.
    They said:

When Do I Get Into Alpha?

It's impossible to say at this time, but I can assure you that anytime we can safely add a batch of users to the server, we will do so. Everything is dependent on server stability and a host of other engineering variables that have yet to be tested. We will get everybody into the game as soon as we can.

In the last update.

In Update 47:

As to the roll out, clearly we cannot simple dump the entire base into an untested server platform; players will have to trickle in. My hope is we do relatively small batches the first couple of days and based on that info we throttle it as high as we can reasonably go to get everyone in as quickly as possible. As an example: if we let in 500 people day one, 1000 day two, and the server is handling it no problem, we could go 5000 day three and the rest day four, but this is all based on server performance.

There is NO but still.

If I check the live stream there around 10 people online right now in HEX if the server cant hold with 10 user im afraid for the future.

Also dont forget people from all around the world pledge with kickstarter and with different timezone so not everyone will be online at the same time.

I would like to have a update too at least to start downloading the game.

from twitter :

@Yeckly
    Tomorrow's my day off. What are the chances of second wave of @HexTCG Alpha invites going out before then?

‏@HexTCG
    now that the CDN is upgraded, we're focusing on server load and stability. can't say anything for certain right now.

we need to wait like 24h now so CZE can see how servers will hold up thnn maybe they give info about 2nd wave

I and the rest of the GKs I know havent played yet. It downloaded all day yesterday and didn't finish before I went to bed. My first time logging in will be after work. Most of the GK+ have full time jobs, if they want to see load theyll have to check during prime time tonight to get an idea.

Infernal Professor
    Most GK and higher can't even get the game installed. I downloaded all night (6pm - midnight got me 35%) and tried to login before leaving for work (that thing I do that enabled me to pledge GK).

I got the client to run but can't login, wouldn't take my username / password.

Calm the hell down, you're not missing much
    Last edited by nearlysober; 10-10-2013 at 12:23 PM.

It's very very close to unplayable at this point. So far I'm hitting around 1/4 to 1/5 games that finishes. I don't know that more people having the same experience is going to help Crypto any.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolver_the_Zeta View Post
    It's very very close to unplayable at this point. So far I'm hitting around 1/4 to 1/5 games that finishes. I don't know that more people having the same experience is going to help Crypto any.
    Agreed. From the Streams I've watched so far maybe 2 games really got played to the end. Crypto really should just take their time to squash those bugs first.