Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are the naming rules known yet? E.g. spaces, letter case, etc.

Are the naming rules known yet? E.g. spaces, letter case, etc.

With some people in alpha now, has anyone posted all the player/keep name rules yet?
    E.g. spaces allowed, choose case or automatically capitalized 1st letters, character limit...

I won't get to play till the next KS tier down, but would like to have all my names short-listed by then so would love to know the rules for them.

~ Drat; this was supposed to be in the question forum - sorry.
    Last edited by Vorsa; 10-10-2013 at 01:05 PM.

pretty sure they have announced that there can be one word, no spaces, no numbers.

Im sure shadowelf will chime in with links and quotes momentarily :P

Quote Originally Posted by beepharoni View Post
    pretty sure they have announced that there can be one word, no spaces, no numbers.

I saw some people with spaces... I personally used a hypen.

on twitch streams u can see that some ppl made their names with space, more than one big letter, i think i saw one guy with numbers even

People have made names with spaces, numbers and other characters (apostrophes and so on).

Spaces are really common now, most cities in Game of Thrones/Song of Fire and Ice are keeps.

Quote Originally Posted by beepharoni View Post

That's from Alpha FAQ, but it appears that its no longer valid (http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=27721)

Can Keep names contain spaces?

No spaces.
    Haven't tried spaces, but i can confirm caps/numbers
    http://files.enjin.com/89273/Forum%2..._shadowelf.jpg

Questions about hex? Check my FAQ, Want to work as a game designer?CZE's Apprentiship Program

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathfog View Post
    Spaces are really common now, most cities in Game of Thrones/Song of Fire and Ice are keeps.
    Didn't they advise people not to name their keep after a place or building but rather as their surname?

Yeah, but given how it's actually used, place names are way more felicitous. If they said "of House _____" instead of "of _____", then surnames would be more logical.

I think the place name thing is more fun in any case, personally.

(I mean, assuming the @#)($*@#()$ account creation step ever stops hanging, I think that will be fun. Hypothetically.)
    --
    "mFphrrrbm hoAmn rggh, hnllmmgh rnbnrrl." --Demosthenes, "The Early Works"

Thanks everyone; I think I'll just make a list assuming of contenders assuming anything goes then, and just be sure to include a few tamer options in there.