Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Take it with a grain of salt

The modbots are not in control of the bans - if someone is being banned, it means they have crossed the line and a moderator banned them, and for good reason. As for threads being closed, thats up to the modbots - but theres a difference between people being frustrated and being trolls. Repeating something that has been mentioned time and again and has been addressed as well as possible - there is a point that it becomes trolling, especially when modbots are being called out.

I can understand people being upset, but they have been heard. Over and over and over and over. At this point they are not able to contribute anything new - I think that they should have a thread dedicated to them, but not one in which they can flame people. A sticky filled with information pertaining to those who are upset should be made - then these threads should stop.

As for keeping people in good moods, it has nothing to do with warm and fuzzy feelins and everything to do with keeping flame wars as rare as possible. This is the internet, people will always get upset about something, but keeping the flame wars down makes for a better forum.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Master Theorycrafter
    You're not daft, most of you are adults, and some of you enjoy trying to poke or goad a mod into blowing up (which they have not) so you can have them stripped of rank or whatever the silly goal you might be pursuing is.

One of you showed the audacity to post private messages between you and and unpaid volunteer who'd been working on hex over their weekend. That's just unkind. Its not about a freehugs outlook on life, it's about considering your thought before you paper vomit it.

There is clear differentiation between shouting at the sky while shaking a fist or walking into a place and trashing it; and a well thought out argument.

It doesn't come down to a mastery of the English language or eloquence in form - it boils down to attitude.

Believe me I for one have been very restrained in tongue lashing response. As have others.

#playingniceticklefight is superior to school yard punch ups when our global goal is building of quality community core... You're all members of it, and you're Patriots of hex in your own ways - whether you like that or not.

Put simply - we all live here.

Quote Originally Posted by Niedar View Post
    Who cares about the CoC, certainly not the mods of this forum when they selectively apply it.
    Actually, I have been issued a warning myself for poor conduct, in an issue where I was the victim, and I lashed out. They adhere closely to the CoC.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    The modbots are not in control of the bans - if someone is being banned, it means they have crossed the line and a moderator banned them, and for good reason. As for threads being closed, thats up to the modbots - but theres a difference between people being frustrated and being trolls. Repeating something that has been mentioned time and again and has been addressed as well as possible - there is a point that it becomes trolling, especially when modbots are being called out.

I can understand people being upset, but they have been heard. Over and over and over and over. At this point they are not able to contribute anything new - I think that they should have a thread dedicated to them, but not one in which they can flame people. A sticky filled with information pertaining to those who are upset should be made - then these threads should stop.

As for keeping people in good moods, it has nothing to do with warm and fuzzy feelins and everything to do with keeping flame wars as rare as possible. This is the internet, people will always get upset about something, but keeping the flame wars down makes for a better forum.
    It is the people that respond to these so called complaint threads that start flame wars not the ones starting the thread.

It is the people that respond to these so called complaint threads that start flame wars not the ones starting the thread.
    I agree with this one pretty heartily.

Mebbe (or however his name was spelled) was pretty well-spoken about his complaints and yet was readily abused with no mod-bots warning those other users for their posts.

No, they just say that the issue is not something that should be discussed anymore - because the answers will always end up the same. It is a waiting game, until alpha is available for everyone. No-one is going to skip the queue by complaining.

These people should be able to understand that, and aware that people have been banned over the results of the threads. The fact that they are ignoring that, means that they are willfully making threads in order to incite flame wars.

Quote Originally Posted by JesusChristMD View Post
    I agree with this one pretty heartily.

Mebbe (or however his name was spelled) was pretty well-spoken about his complaints and yet was readily abused with no mod-bots warning those other users for their posts.
    Because his thread was shut and deleted for good reason. He then tried to get around that with a clear CoC violation - those people were pointing that violation out. I don't think it is unclear why there was only one side to the punishment here.

Yeah, and that is an extremely antagonistic thing to say. You are trying to remove another persons voice. But lets not forget all the troll accusations and calling for the person to be banned etc.

Yeah, and that is an extremely antagonistic thing to say. You are trying to remove another persons voice. But lets not forget all the troll accusations and calling for the person to be banned etc.
    Because he violated the CoC and attacked a modbot, and linked personal messages. He deserved the ban - people could have been more tactful about it, but it says clearly in the CoC what is not allowed, and he crossed the line.

Those same people violate the CoC all the time, this is what I have been saying and yet nothing ever happens. I am not talking about any particular thread or post btw, just a pattern.