Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Take it with a grain of salt

Master Theorycrafter
    The modbots have been doing an awesome job as far as I'm concerned ^__^

Quote Originally Posted by Niedar View Post
    Those same people violate the CoC all the time, this is what I have been saying and yet nothing ever happens.
    If they were violating the CoC, the CZE mods (not the modbots) would be banning them. And you have no idea whether or not they have been issued warnings or not. So they may have been warned, and then you turn around and say no action has been taken.

Besides, single infractions might be able to let slide, but multiple infractions in a single OP is going to be much more bannable.
    Xenavire, proud guild leader for The Lions Share.
    http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...erlinsmall.png

Their posts are not removed like other peoples threads and posts are removed, that is evidence enough for me.

Master Theorycrafter
    Quote Originally Posted by JesusChristMD View Post
    I agree with this one pretty heartily.

Mebbe (or however his name was spelled) was pretty well-spoken about his complaints and yet was readily abused with no mod-bots warning those other users for their posts.
    He was not well-spoken. He issued a sleuth of unfounded and harshly worded claims, and then he went in and edited the greater majority of his posts to make himself come off better for when the thread was later viewed.

In response to Niedar, most of the forum bases responses to these users have been very constrained and logic based, despite the initial posts of users with baseless and accusatory claims.

If the posts come off later in the threads with more tongue in cheek, knee-jerk like responses, it's typically due to the frustration of dealing with users who seem to keep saying the same exact thing, who can't seem to reasonably respond, or the people who just want to spread their hate no for reason other than to show how mad they are. There is a "contact us" link for good reason. Most of the community is just tired of these same threads that accomplish nothing because we already know the information and issues.

It's the same reason people dislike posts about "I paid, where is my e-mail" type of threads when there are very robust threads that are stickies and give that information. Except at least those people post with good intentions.
    Last edited by Zarien; 11-03-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    HEX Community Reading List!
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

Quote Originally Posted by Niedar View Post
    Their posts are not removed like other peoples threads and posts are removed, that is evidence enough for me.
    If you have an issue with that, instead of complaining you need to contact the modbots. If you feel they are not following up, then you need to contact CZE mods. If nothing is done after that, then there is a good chance you were just plain wrong in the first place.

I have not seen any bias except when there were clear violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenavire View Post
    If you have an issue with that, instead of complaining you need to contact the modbots. If you feel they are not following up, then you need to contact CZE mods. If nothing is done after that, then there is a good chance you were just plain wrong in the first place.

I have not seen any bias except when there were clear violations.
    Nothing is being done, let me assure you.

Have you even tried contacting anyone? And if so, then obviously they are not in violation of anything, or they would be banned. Simple as that.

Let me say again, there is no bias. People who go out of their way to make trouble get banned. Those who slip up once in a while probably get a warning, and then they stop - or they would get banned. I could name names on certian people I know have been banned, and I myself am a proof of warnings being issued.

This whole thread is getting out of hand.

Master Theorycrafter
    Then it was not done for good reason. If they were actually contacted correctly.
    HEX Community Reading List!
    Need a cheap Fantasy Novel for your Kindle/Ipad from an amazing Author?? I'm shamelessly promoting my friend's new series The Elder Empire! It's a great series with two sides, two stories and tons of fun! The series is written as parrallel stories, so choose Shadow, Sea, or both and enjoy! www.WillWight.com

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperTyrant View Post
    While I usually don't step in anymore when I see so many people arguing and creating public unrest and attack threads. I will say this. The moderators could theoretically be replaced as a dime a dozen. However, if you have a continual bone to pick with authorities what is to keep you happy 24/7 with whoever they choose? While I agree that some of them take it upon themselves to really push against people who have a history of problematic posts, they do not take action to "ban" you. While the community forums in the past have had their share of people with attitude problems, a new group of users have joined our community. keep in mind that like any forum that expresses problems and issues, there will be people who don't get along. That being said, there is an issue where threads that dont agree with Cze" or "complain in the public eye" get deleted/closed. They are within their right to close it down if it or the posters push to hard. If you have major problems with what is going on and are unable to cope and want a direct response, use the contact button and open a ticket. That being said, I would hope if those individuals dial back, that the moderators not stereotype and mark them off as problematic. Sure, some people can not be reasoned with... those individuals that are that hellbent on tearing down the community probably shouldn't remain a part of our community. Just give each other a chance and take a breather every once and awhile then address the situation with cooler heads.
    I know the person you might be talking about.

It is your judgement to say to what extend the post is "Unrest" or "Tear down community".

If you said my thread? is tearing down community, then this implies 2 things.

The community is not strong enough and it is vulnerable because of OVER "Protection"
    The community has got no brain, if a simple thread which just presenting facts and complain can change people mind? and got deleted then it may be true and valid. My original thread DOES not create unrest.

Again, if one customer complains that does not void other customer's rights to complain on the same thing and these complains serves many purposes i.e. to help CZE prioritize their work from the number of complaint.

and truthfully, the only trolls are the one that yelling "Troll troll troll" because their comment serves no purpose other than attacking and insulting. Those people are just too vulnerable by other people's opinion and is a kid.

Btw, your thread also violate CoC by talking about how Moderator punishing threads.

Every thread even from CZE itself also violate CoC because CoC is too broad and can be apply at leisure. It might as well change to "Whatever the moderator sees fit" or "Moderator have a dictator power to wipe any thread or accounts"

Remember this -- in the actual court, the ambiguous rules will be thrown out and favor the violation party because of its ambiguous. The interpretation will be at its minimal. This is to prevent law-enforcer from using it at leisure. If this forum is really about society, act like one or just set a private forum that can only be use by invited users.

I feel that this community is just calling everyone with opposite stand point or posting a simple complain/feedback a "Troll" but they did not realize they are the "troll" themselves because they just randomly attacking people without any constructive comments. i.e. Xenavire

AGAIN, multiple complaining/lodging concerns thread is not against CoC and I don't see why people are allow 1 complain/1 thread or it get deleted. LoL!! This community is too vulnerable, when 100k of people flowing in during open beta, you guys can't protect 20k complaining thread. Either be smart and set "Feedback" forum or keep wiping out threads.
    Last edited by mightbes; 11-03-2013 at 03:46 PM.

Mightbes, the topic has been raised many times. That does not invalidate other peoples complaints, but making threads to complain is not going to resolve those issues or stop the complaints. The proper method is to contact CZE directly.

Any thread made to complain is immediately in violation of the CoC as far as I am aware, because the communication channel for complaints already exists.